DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beeping on takeoff and landing

Rchawks

Reactions
Drone has been amazing, I've been flying at a friends farm for the last several days and it has really boosted my confidence with no issues or problems. But a few min. ago when taking off my transmitter started beeping as it was taking off which is a first. I flew around a bit and manually moved over the landing pad to land and again the beeping sounded. To date this is the first time this has happened. Can anyone fill me in as why???

Thank you guys! Yep, that makes sense I was flying in a spot where I haven't flown in a while. Always before I had that option turned off, there's a fire hydrant on the edge of the parking lot about 4 ft from where I took off and landed. Thumbswayup

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Don’t take this the wrong way, but if you’re asking this question, it suggests you haven’t read the manual? There‘s a link to the DJI download site for this at the top of the Mavic Air Help forum

Reactions: Mel 08
No I don't take it the wrong way at all. But instead of pouring thru the manual again I was able to ask the question and get an answer very quickly and I appreciated that very much. The members who helped me out didn't seem to mind. By the same token I'm very glad to provide an answer for a question if I know it.

No I don't take it the wrong way at all. But instead of pouring thru the manual again I was able to ask the question and get an answer very quickly and I appreciated that very much. The members who helped me out didn't seem to mind. By the same token I'm very glad to provide an answer for a question if I know it.
Well said! Some folks forget why this forum is here.

But your question was such a basic one, it implies that you really don't know your drone. Anyway, happy flying

Thank you I'm not here to argue if you don't like my post and it bothers you don't read or respond to it and we'll both have a better day. Be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: pnsherratt
Well said! Some folks forget why this forum is here.
I know full well what this forum is for, and have learnt loads from like minded hobbyists, but we should all know the fundamental functions of our drones before we fly. That is why I politely guided the OP to the manual. Your 'penny's worth' was unneeded.

Thank you gentleman, but he is right I could have looked it up in the manual. I had just came in from a long day of flying in the heat and really didn't feel like looking it up. It took three minutes to get an answer which was what I was hoping for. I do hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend and to InvisibleName no hard feelings thank you for your input just the same. Factory life has made me a bit rude at times. Safe flights to you as wellThumbswayup

Last edited:
Reactions: InvisibleName
Thank you gentleman, but he is right I could have looked it up in the manual. I had just came in from a long day of flying in the heat and really didn't feel like looking it up. It took three minutes to get an answer which was what I was hoping for. I do hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend.
It was a simple question that required a simple answer. No need for his arrogance. Half of the problems people have can be resolved by the manual. Forums are the place for such questions.

Thank you gentleman, but he is right I could have looked it up in the manual. I had just came in from a long day of flying in the heat and really didn't feel like looking it up. It took three minutes to get an answer which was what I was hoping for. I do hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend and to InvisibleName no hard feelings thank you for your input just the same. Factory life has made me a bit rude at times. Safe flights to you as wellThumbswayup
Cheers, likewise no hard feelings to you, either

It was a simple question that required a simple answer. No need for his arrogance. Half of the problems people have can be resolved by the manual. Forums are the place for such questions.
there was absolutely no “arrogance “ in my post, simply friendly advice. Don’t try and make this into something it is not!

Reactions: Rchawks
Well in a way I feel I have friends here, which is kind of strange having never met any of you. But the love of the hobby is what drives everyone. The more I fly the more impressed I am with what they can do.
One thing I have learned over the years is to shake it off like the ducks do like it never happened. Served me well with my jobs, lol.

Last edited:
Oh Well! Dag nabbit, I love a good scuffle every now and then. Good day to all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom