DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Before first flight IMU calibration stuck at 2!

İmaginecars

Reactions
Hello guys I previously owned Phantom 4 and had no problems with this but before my first flight with mavic Pro IMU is not calibrating. I tried downgrade upgrade firmware change phones Android Apple nothing helps. At the end I just did a regular calibration without the IMU calibration and it was ready to fly. Still I cannot care for my mu calibration but the mavic pro seems to be stable in the air. My question is is that okay if I do not performed the IMU calibration?

You dont need to calibrate anything unless the app prompts you too (check everything after upgrades especially).

what i would be concerned about is a partial upgrade being applied before failing but someone on here would be able to tell you if that is the case.

if you have no prompts asking you to calibrate anything it is better i have heard not to do it, and also not to do it in some places at all.

I used to calibrate the compass a lot until i read on here there is no need. so i have not since and have had no problems at all. No prompts to do so and it fly's as it always does.

Some will tell you to always calibrate after a crash.

Only thing i ever calibrate now is the gimbal and that is only if i land a touch heavy (precision landing off as using 500 firmware).

Reactions: İmaginecars
You dont need to calibrate anything unless the app prompts you too (check everything after upgrades especially).

what i would be concerned about is a partial upgrade being applied before failing but someone on here would be able to tell you if that is the case.

if you have no prompts asking you to calibrate anything it is better i have heard not to do it, and also not to do it in some places at all.

I used to calibrate the compass a lot until i read on here there is no need. so i have not since and have had no problems at all. No prompts to do so and it fly's as it always does.

Some will tell you to always calibrate after a crash.

Only thing i ever calibrate now is the gimbal and that is only if i land a touch heavy (precision landing off as using 500 firmware).
Thank you for the prompt response. I always knew to perform a IMU calibration after first flight when the drone travels from a long way in this case from CA. I guess I'll leave it alone but it did get stuck at 2. That bothers me..

Thank you for the prompt response. I always knew to perform a IMU calibration after first flight when the drone travels from a long way in this case from CA. I guess I'll leave it alone but it did get stuck at 2. That bothers me..

Wait for the Mavic to cool down completely & try it again as soon as you start it back up. I've read posts from some owners stating they had never done an IMU calibration but I'd probably be inclined to try & get a clean calibration since your's stopped midway.

Wait for the Mavic to cool down completely & try it again as soon as you start it back up. I've read posts from some owners stating they had never done an IMU calibration but I'd probably be inclined to try & get a clean calibration since your's stopped midway.
Yes. I will do that tonight. I can't wait to get a clean IMU. After all it should do it regardless needed or not. Not get stuck at 2. Also, it shows the mavic folded and without the propellers. Is that right way to do IMU?

Yes. I will do that tonight. I can't wait to get a clean IMU. After all it should do it regardless needed or not. Not get stuck at 2. Also, it shows the mavic folded and without the propellers. Is that right way to do IMU?

You can leave the props on but you'll have to fold them in since you need to follow the dance sequence. If you're having trouble YouTube has several videos.

You can leave the props on but you'll have to fold them in since you need to follow the dance sequence. If you're having trouble YouTube has several videos.
Thanks. Let's see what happens tonight. Will update status.

Also I'm getting twice the starting sound? When i turn the aircraft on! Supposed to be once only. Almost sounds like it echos. Any ideas?

I have a new Mavic Pro and when I tried to calibrate the IMU, it got stuck on 2. I saw the post by Mic Mac and just followed the positioning steps when the green light completed. The DJI Go 4 app did not prompt me for a position change, but when I went through all the positions, it went to completion in the app. Here is Mic Mac's post:
Mic Mac said:

Brand new drone never flown.
Imu Callibration does not complete.. gets stuck on 3/5 screen and jus sits there.
Have watched all turorials but cant pick what im doing wrong.
No warning or error messsge is displayed.
What to do.. jow to get out of that screen.. should i turn off and what sequence

Houdy Mic Mak. I've done the IMU and compass several times and it is not going to cause a fly away, unless you really screw it up and I don't think that's possible as smart as the software is. If I transport it a few hundred miles, or maybe it has a little stability issue, or if its dropped at all, calibrate it.

HOWEVER, the images in the help file are WRONG....wow, that sucks, come on DJI!

Compass works correctly.
Gimble works correctly.

IMU, not so much...sure, SURE, you have it on a level, non metallic, non-magnetic surface. Really make sure. Setting it on the sidewalk will not work, the rebar affects the compass. I use a plastic yard table that I check the level with a carpenters level. Sound like overkill? Nope, your calibrating it, if you do it wrong, that becomes its standard for your next flight.

So, start the IMU calibration and:
1. Start on it's feet camera facing your right (or left, but for this we will use right)
Click the start button, when the green lights on the drone flash a few times quickly...
2. move it on its side with the battery facing you, camera facing left...when the green lights on the drone flash a few times quickly...
3. on its side, battery facing you, camera facing right......when the green lights on the drone flash a few times quickly...
4. on it's butt, battery facing you, camera facing up......when the green lights on the drone flash a few times quickly...
5. On it's back, camera facing left

...when the green lights on the drone flash a few times quickly...it should then say successful.

say OK to restart the drone, go back to sensors and you will notice a very low IMU reading, and both IMU's should be the same.

wow, good luck, it you get confused, reboot the drone and try again...

Last edited:
I have a new Mavic Pro and when I tried to calibrate the IMU, it got stuck on 2. I saw the post by Mic Mac and just followed the positioning steps when the green light completed. The DJI Go 4 app did not prompt me for a position change, but when I went through all the positions, it went to completion in the app.
Or you could just follow the video I posted above. It includes the proper steps to calibrate the IMU.

I have a new Mavic Pro and when I tried to calibrate the IMU, it got stuck on 2. I saw the post by Mic Mac and just followed the positioning steps when the green light completed. The DJI Go 4 app did not prompt me for a position change, but when I went through all the positions, it went to completion in the app. Here is Mic Mac's post:
Or you could just follow the video I posted above. It includes the proper steps to calibrate the IMU.
Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu