DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Before i fly

Arted

Reactions
Hello everybody ?
I recently bought a mavic mini after learning how to use a drone on my tello ( which is the funniest drone ever ?)
Before i fly it tomorrow, i updated it, recharged all the batteries , but i noticed something weird in one of the props, it seems damaged even though the drone is brand new , I’m attaching a picture of it .
Can i fly with that prop ? Would it be a problem? Or i have to change it ? Thank you

Attachments

• FF826558-92B7-4BA5-8B52-ABA641FB3ED7.jpeg
    FF826558-92B7-4BA5-8B52-ABA641FB3ED7.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 3FE4EEF9-3D64-4780-A345-49C10B76830A.jpeg
    3FE4EEF9-3D64-4780-A345-49C10B76830A.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 122
I personally would not... but I it will likely be OK for a short time.
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Reactions: Arted
If you have the prop guard, I would use it until you know how it will respond.

It looks teeny tiny ... do,some test flights until you are happy it’s ok ... I wouldn’t expect it to lead to catastrophic failure if you’ve done some testing ..

Go ahead and fly it but keep it close at first and over grass preferably. But I've been flying mine with roughed up blades and a chip out of one of them from hitting some branches and it still flies perfectly.

Thank you guys for your replies! Do you think the build quality seems cheap ? I mean even a bic lighter has a stronger plastic ?. Have you ever had minor crashes ?

• Haha
Reactions: Skyfli
Thank you guys for your replies! Do you think the build quality seems cheap ? I mean even a bic lighter has a stronger plastic ?. Have you ever had minor crashes ?
Yes, and I think the lightness also protects it. Just stay in wide open spaces while you are learning and trust the Return to home button when it gets way out there and out of sight.

Reactions: Arted and Skyfli
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots