DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner, could use some help in setting up and using a Mavic Air

Vg12th

Reactions
Hi all, I'm dusting off my old Mavic Air that I never really got to use at the time and I am hoping people here can help me with general settings, usage or tips.

I have seen a few videos already on the subject and I have changed video settings to d-cinelike with -3 contrast and -2 saturation. Is this ok? Apparently shooting it flat and washed out then bringing those back out in post is the best way.
Any recommendations for a video editor on mobile? I travel a lot and I don't always need the super fine-tuned editing that premiere or da vinci does and sometimes just want something for social media so I thought even a phone editor that's not just filters could do. Any recommendations? (Android)

Do you shoot video on 1080, 2k or 4k? And what fps?

Do you shoot photos and videos on automatic mode or manual?

Other tips appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 4006448
If you are talking about the old Mavic Air 1 it is not equipped to shoot in Dlog and doesn’t have a very big dynamic range or variable aperture so those techniques for shooting at low light do not apply. It is fine for shooting in good lighting. If it is really the Mavic Air 1 I wonder if your batteries are still good if you haven’t been flying it.

Reactions: 4006448
Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, mavic air 1. I based my settings based on a number of videos including this one where it mentions d-cinelike. Do you think it's not worth the effort to go through their recommendations?

I haven't thoroughly tested the batteries but 2/3 showed me 15+mins when I was playing around with settings and test flying a bit.

I have an Air 1, but it’s only used for enjoyment and taking videos and photos for my and my family’s use generally. I’ve only tinkered with iMovie.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada