DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginning to wonder about Crystal Sky

Nitecapt

Reactions
I have been thinking about the CS Ultra with an evolution 4d mount but most of the forums are replete with descriptions of backlight failures, overheating, software glitches, slow performance and lack of tech support and that's just to name a few.
Now I need something to work in bright situations at the beach etc and of course, this would be the best tool for the job. I ma thinking that DJI or perhaps some aftermarket company will come up with something that will be better suited and error free. I asked DJI about any updates to the precut and was only told to keep checking their website. In sum, I think DJI released this before it was quite ready for the rigors of its intended use. Since I am new at this, has anyone here had any insight to how quickly DJI creates fixes for their issues? To me, these issues don't much look like software updates but rather a complete re=working of the product due to the screen failures and other "mechanical" complaints. Am I being unreasonable? Is there any reason to expect that an aftermarket device will be available at some point?

Thanks
Ray

I have been thinking about the CS Ultra with an evolution 4d mount but most of the forums are replete with descriptions of backlight failures, overheating, software glitches, slow performance and lack of tech support and that's just to name a few.
Now I need something to work in bright situations at the beach etc and of course, this would be the best tool for the job. I ma thinking that DJI or perhaps some aftermarket company will come up with something that will be better suited and error free. I asked DJI about any updates to the precut and was only told to keep checking their website. In sum, I think DJI released this before it was quite ready for the rigors of its intended use. Since I am new at this, has anyone here had any insight to how quickly DJI creates fixes for their issues? To me, these issues don't much look like software updates but rather a complete re=working of the product due to the screen failures and other "mechanical" complaints. Am I being unreasonable? Is there any reason to expect that an aftermarket device will be available at some point?

Thanks
Ray

I use a ipad mini with a cheap sunhood & it works well even in the sun.

Reactions: WAXMAN
I've had no problems but then again I am the luckiest person in the world.

Reactions: Drone on
Forums are where people complain, not for those who are happy.

The "ton" of complaints you're seeing is probably the usual % or 2 of people who have issues.

Reactions: tattman911
Are you complaining that I am a happy DJI consumer - that makes me very sad.

Last edited:
I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reactions: olearys
I really think that DJI IS AhEAD OF THE GAME AND EVen ahead (at TIMES SEEMLY)

TOO AHEAD OF ITS OWN GAME!

Must wait for the software updates to stay ahead of the hardware outputs! In order o be competitive

I really think that DJI IS AhEAD OF THE GAME AND EVen ahead (at TIMES SEEMLY)

TOO AHEAD OF ITS OWN GAME!

Must wait for the software updates to stay ahead of the hardware outputs! In order o be competitive
What about some of the hardware failures I read about and the slow screen update? Do you notice that?

What about some of the hardware failures I read about and the slow screen update? Do you notice that?

As others have mentioned, people tend to complain about hardware problems they are having on these forums but very few just start a post saying, "Hey, my CS has been working great this last 12 months."

How many of you which don't have any problems have CS UB 's ?

The HB models work very well and I would recommend them, the UB's on the other hand can fail at any time and I'm still not convinced the back light issue is resolved

I hera ytou on wondering OP.

Ii can tell you that i shoot professionally, and alot of those are tropical settings because of the nature of some of the work. St Martin, BVI, jamaica, hawaii, puerto rico, etc.

I dont use a CS, because even the CS, with all its brightness, cant give me a perfect dark room style view of the screen like a full hood can. i used a hoodman full hood on my inspire 1, and use currently on my inspire 2 and mavic pro. it creates perfect black darkness so i can properly expose shots and see what the director is seeing.. which means no surprise over or under exposures.

if you are currently using a ipad, pick up a hoodman hood and try it out first. Lower weight, better light management. and even bigger screens too.

here's my mavic pro with a hoodman and 12.9" tablet. I use the ipad mini for almost all of my traveling shots.

IMG_8638.jpg

I hera ytou on wondering OP.

Ii can tell you that i shoot professionally, and alot of those are tropical settings because of the nature of some of the work. St Martin, BVI, jamaica, hawaii, puerto rico, etc.

I dont use a CS, because even the CS, with all its brightness, cant give me a perfect dark room style view of the screen like a full hood can. i used a hoodman full hood on my inspire 1, and use currently on my inspire 2 and mavic pro. it creates perfect black darkness so i can properly expose shots and see what the director is seeing.. which means no surprise over or under exposures.

if you are currently using a ipad, pick up a hoodman hood and try it out first. Lower weight, better light management. and even bigger screens too.

here's my mavic pro with a hoodman and 12.9" tablet. I use the ipad mini for almost all of my traveling shots.

View attachment 34014

They're ok if your just snapping pictures, to difficult to get your fingers in the hole to do anything else at least that was my experience with one.

Reactions: The Ghost
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser