DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bending propellers

Ryan Reynoso

Reactions
Anyone else concerned about bending propellers when the drone is folded? It seems t have a little space in between and the propellers seem to move around a little bit.

Definitely a concern that I had at an early stage but not too worried anymore after some traveling with the Mavic. Just have to be a little cautious about what kind of bag you're putting it in. The bag I had it in had a nice slot that was skinny and tall so I could put the Mavic in the bag folded nose up so that any pressure on the props was very minimal. Also keep in mind that these props have some flex so a little pressure and bending won't have an impact.

I like the rubberband idea, @TheLightSpeed! Thumbswayup

Definitely a concern that I had at an early stage but not too worried anymore after some traveling with the Mavic. Just have to be a little cautious about what kind of bag you're putting it in. The bag I had it in had a nice slot that was skinny and tall so I could put the Mavic in the bag folded nose up so that any pressure on the props was very minimal. Also keep in mind that these props have some flex so a little pressure and bending won't have an impact.

I like the rubberband idea, @TheLightSpeed! Thumbswayup
Cool. I'm thinking of throwing mine in a dslr lens case if it's big enough. Should hold it all together quite well

I am going to print some joined spacers that slide up both propellers and keep them folded and buffer the space that you speak of. That is once I receive my Mavic Pro as I dont have one yet to model the design.

Reactions: Advexure
I am going to print some joined spacers that slide up both propellers and keep them folded and buffer the space that you speak of. That is once I receive my Mavic Pro as I dont have one yet to model the design.
Great idea!

A velcro strap like the one that comes with the power adapter works well. No plastic piece, just a thin strap.

A big rubber band keeps them all tight! No need to reinvent the wheel... I was thinking about the $0.50 iPad adapter on the PhantomPilots forum! It was a life changing thing!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Would've been nice for them to provide a drawstring bag (like the ones the props are in) for the Mavic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would've been nice for them to provide a drawstring bag (like the ones the props are in) for the Mavic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got this one enroute for just this purpose
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087N2WNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51OtDI5FG8L._SY450_.jpg

Reactions: Alan M
Oh man ! Back to Amazon I go. It will even strap on to my Molle equipped sling bag.

It looks like a beauty. Just wish it could hold some extra batteries. :(

Ooh, I wonder if it would fit in a Crown Royal bag.

I was wondering the same thing!

I drink Crown and I have a couple bags... I will definitely check when I finally get my Mavic!

Reactions: kmaluo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom