DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Berkeley Marina & Cesar Chavez Park

pelagic_one

Wind-Blown Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
To our fellow Bay Area flyers (and visitors): Try out Berkeley Marina and Cesar Chavez Park, and specifically the large picnic area at the top of the grassy hill. The place seemed designed for both dog walkers and drone pilots (RC pilots and kite flyers too), with sweeping 360 degree views, walking paths and lots of soft grass. The bonus for us “slower flyers” was watching drone racing at a FPV course setup at the bottom of the hill from us.

Of course you'll field the occasional questions from dog walkers, but everyone seemed respectful of one another. My understanding is that radio control hobbyists have been flying there for years, so everyone has grown accustomed to one another’s presence.

Checkout footage of that morning from @174Nuno: César E, Chavez park, Berkeley ca

Have fun everyone, and let us know when you’ll be heading out there!

Last minute notice: Some Mavic owners will be at Cesar Chavez tomorrow morning (Sunday, Feb 23) around 9am, just to fly around. We typically meet at the Large Picnic Area:

Large Picnic Area, 11 Spinnaker Way, Berkeley, CA 94710
37°52'15.7"N 122°19'08.7"W (top of the tallest hill there)

FPV groups will be there, but it’s a fun airspace for all. The weather should be great, too.

I agree, @pelagic_one, the old dump seems designed for flyers of all kinds, and has been well used in that way.
Nice clips, @MavicPeter, the pier, the marina, the racetrack... the brown October grass!
This is January 26. The forecast was for wind and rain, but I woke up to sunshine. I hustled to the park and collected footage for my first drone video.

I'm in Oakland and would love to meet up and fly with fellow drone enthusiasts!
I would really appreciate it if you would let me know when you're meeting up next :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada