DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best add-on software from Apple App Store?

aringhof

Reactions
There were several add-on apps for the Mavic Pro, i.e. Litchi, FPV Camera, Autopilot, Flight Plan..... im not sure what these apps do that the standard DJI App doesn't already do. Should a beginner bother with these apps, or is it too much, too soon? Which is everyone's favorite for use with the iPhone?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'll piggyback your post by asking if Litchi or some other 3rd party app allows for full-featured flight on an iPhone 5?
I have an old banger iPhone 5 I use for Tomtom on the bike as well as action cam wifi remote duties. Would be convenient for Mavic use as well, since I'd rather save my main phone's battery and not have to strip it of its case all the time, but DJI GO4 only supports later models of iPhone.

There were several add-on apps for the Mavic Pro, i.e. Litchi, FPV Camera, Autopilot, Flight Plan..... im not sure what these apps do that the standard DJI App doesn't already do. Should a beginner bother with these apps, or is it too much, too soon? Which is everyone's favorite for use with the iPhone?

Hi There
The problem with the DJI go app for example is this, suppose you want to fly a Waypoint mission, with DJI you have to fly to all of the Way Points first and log each one like that, which is a pain in the a*s.
With other third party apps Litchi, AutoPilot etc you can plan the mission ( any type of mission) at your kitchen table on your ISO or Android device, without ever going to the location, You can even do it from Google Earth and import it to Litchi, Autopilot etc.
But a Warning when you use DJI go app you fly the mission first, with the third party apps you don't so you must be very careful about obstacles, height of trees, terain etc when you plan your mission away form the planned site.
But it works great I use both apps, but you need a bit of flying experience first ;)
Waylander

Reactions: Chas@JPA
I use both Litchi and Autopilot. My advice is to use DJI Go 4 first. Then start using those apps when there is a need. If you just want to fly, stick to the free DJI apps.

Last edited:
I use both Litchi and Autopilot. My advice is to use DJI Go 4 first. Then start using those apps when there is a need. If you just want to fly, stick to the free DJI apps.

Concur. Learn the aircraft and the Go 4, then branch out after figuring out which product suits you best.
I use Litchi, Autopilot, and MapsMadeEasy (along with DJI Go) on my Inspire depending on what I want to do. Only Go 4 so far with the Mav (having fun), but will be using Litchi on some future flights. Very interested in comparing the different tracking modes.

Reactions: allen deckard
Autopilot, despite the glitches. By far superior

I am a long time Litchi user and just started looking at AutoPilot. What is your take on FlightPlan? How does it fit in? Does it have some features that might make it worth a closer look?

I bought Flight Plan and it was a waist of money. No added value over DJI GS Pro. 10% of what Litchi is capable of and 1% of what Autopilot can do for you.
Really, not worth the investment

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada