DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best App for Taking Photos w/Mavic?

floyd

Reactions
Hello Mavic World!

My Mavic is sitting in a UPS truck (or plane) on its way to my eagerly awaiting hands. In the meantime, I've been researching various accessories and apps to use with my Mavic.

I'll be using my Mavic almost exclusively for aerial fine art photography. So I was wondering if any particular apps (or accessories) standout above others when used specifically for still photography. If so, what features make them better?

Thanks for any input...

You really don't have that many options.. use the default app, shoot in RAW, get a CPL if you feel creative.. that's about it unless you want to get into 360 panoramas etc but those are now in DJI Go as well

You really don't have that many options.. use the default app, shoot in RAW, get a CPL if you feel creative.. that's about it unless you want to get into 360 panoramas etc but those are now in DJI Go as well
Thanks! I was prepared to get the DJI app, but after seeing it had only one star in the App Store I hoped there might be a better options.

PS What's a CPL?

Circular Polarizer.. a filter. But if you're not familiar with them then using one on a drone might not be the best way to start since you can't really adjust it once the drone is in the air..

After you download OFF the SD card, I would use LightRoom (LR) by Adobe as it makes/turns your computer into a dark room and you can then do anything you want, especially with RAW. But, since you already deal in fine art photography, you already know all this,..

Reactions: Imtnbike
Thanks! I was prepared to get the DJI app, but after seeing it had only one star in the App Store I hoped there might be a better options.
Don't be put off my the DJI Go4 apps star rating. It really is an outstanding app when you think of what it manages to achieve. It is so integral in the operation of these DJI drones that every little glitch that anyone has with any issue on their Phantom/Mavic/Spark or whatever other model is using invariably gets unfairly attributed back to being a fault of the Go app.

The camera is very extremely simple to operate within DJI Go4 app and has plenty of options. Functionality varies a bit between IOS or Android in terms of how you deal with images after taking them. I am on Android primarily and still images can be set to stream back and appear in my Google Photos account almost instantly. With the added benefit of Google smarts automatically stitching together Pano shots and offering animations and stylised shots with zero input from me.

Don't be put off my the DJI Go4 apps star rating. It really is an outstanding app when you think of what it manages to achieve. It is so integral in the operation of these DJI drones that every little glitch that anyone has with any issue on their Phantom/Mavic/Spark or whatever other model is using invariably gets unfairly attributed back to being a fault of the Go app.

The camera is very extremely simple to operate within DJI Go4 app and has plenty of options. Functionality varies a bit between IOS or Android in terms of how you deal with images after taking them. I am on Android primarily and still images can be set to stream back and appear in my Google Photos account almost instantly. With the added benefit of Google smarts automatically stitching together Pano shots and offering animations and stylised shots with zero input from me.
Ya, I think the DJI Go4 is the app I'll be using. I'm excited to start flying and photographing! Now I need to pass my 107! So cool you can stream your photos to Google.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE