DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

best apps for flying?

Wick

Reactions
So i am waiting for my Mav air 2 to arrive next week. I have registered it and downloaded the DJI fly app. I have read B4Ufly is a good one..what other apps do you all use with your drones?

Reactions: MIGUELVM360
welcome to the forum,i am in the UK and use airmap,drone assist,UAV forecast and skywise ,which is the CAA site that give updates and notams regarding manned ,private ,and UAV airspace use in the UK its our version of your FAA

@old man mavic so 2/3 batteries yesterday showed lights going off. I’m assuming that means fully charged. Left the 3rd one for this morning and same with that.
Powered batteries on with one press and press hold and showed 4 SteadY green lights on all batteries. I take it I’m in the clear and no damage has been done?

Not the best of weather here in Leicester drizzle rain on and off. Thats flying out of the window today.
I seen a variety of flying apps people use. What’s an all rounder that has everything you need. Don’t fancy having multiple apps.

Reactions: old man mavic
So i am waiting for my Mav air 2 to arrive next week. I have registered it and downloaded the DJI fly app. I have read B4Ufly is a good one..what other apps do you all use with your drones?
Litchi is pretty cool. We use it all the time for repetitive flights.

@old man mavic so 2/3 batteries yesterday showed lights going off. I’m assuming that means fully charged. Left the 3rd one for this morning and same with that.
Powered batteries on with one press and press hold and showed 4 SteadY green lights on all batteries. I take it I’m in the clear and no damage has been done?

Not the best of weather here in Leicester drizzle rain on and off. Thats flying out of the window today.
I seen a variety of flying apps people use. What’s an all rounder that has everything you need. Don’t fancy having multiple apps.
@mosh yes you are fine, its no problem to have several apps as they mostly do different things,airmap or drone assist are very similar CAA skywise is good for notifying you of TFRs
and UAV forecast is a good app for giving you an overview of current weather conditions ,but remember it is an overview not an exact report on your exact location
are you aware that the batteries of the MA2 have a new facility, where if not used they discharge to 96% after 24 hours from being charged ,this is something that other mavics dont have and is an extra, as well as the auto discharge after 5 days, so dont worry when you put them in the drone and they dont say 100% if you check the online manual it will explain this feature

Newbie software-wise: Are DJI imposed no fly zones etc. applicable when you use other apps? Or are they loaded to the drone and still impact? Cheers, Dave

@mosh yes you are fine, its no problem to have several apps as they mostly do different things,airmap or drone assist are very similar CAA skywise is good for notifying you of TFRs
and UAV forecast is a good app for giving you an overview of current weather conditions ,but remember it is an overview not an exact report on your exact location
are you aware that the batteries of the MA2 have a new facility, where if not used they discharge to 96% after 24 hours from being charged ,this is something that other mavics dont have and is an extra, as well as the auto discharge after 5 days, so dont worry when you put them in the drone and they dont say 100% if you check the online manual it will explain this feature
Will have to download and give them a test. Yes I did read about the battery on their tech support page. I’m guessing that’s a good thing to support anti swelling?

Reactions: old man mavic
Litchi for dji drones (£21.99) or litchi vue for dji (free) whats the benefits?

Litch vue just streams the footage to another person. You would need to purchase Litchi to be able to fly the missions, and the other person (s) can see the feed. Just like the DJI apps can live stream. I've never tried it personally.

I don't know the answer to if geofencing operates under Litchi, but as the no fly database updates and transfers to the drone, I rather suspect it would.

Reactions: mosh

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu