DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Backpack for Mavic 2?

Lionheart

Reactions
Hey guys i'm currently shopping around for the best all rounder backpack for the Mavic 2 with the smart controller, I have a total of 5 batteries atm so ideally I wanna be able to fit all those in too

What backpacks do you guys use?

I second the DroneGuard BP 250. You can reconfigure the inserts any way you like and I imagine 5 batteries would fit. I have 3 batteries, a tablet mount, filters, SD cards in a case, a hood, etc. and they all fit.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
The great thing about most backpacks is they are customizable. So, you should be able to fit those items into most any backpack.

You might find something that works for you in this sortable list of backpacks:

Best DJI Mavic Cases & Backpacks (Updated Daily)

The DroneGuard BP 250 is perfect, everything fits into it.
Batteries, charger, charger hub, car charger, landing pad, smart controller, filters and other small items that I use.

Last edited:
The backpack I purchased from ebay is large ish but will go on the back and has one very good feature in that the legs do not need to be folded and are never folded, I have already seen posts of people with loose fitting legs, just imagine if you can how many times you fold and unfold those legs.

Hey guys i'm currently shopping around for the best all rounder backpack for the Mavic 2 with the smart controller, I have a total of 5 batteries atm so ideally I wanna be able to fit all those in too

I made mine

I made mine

I think I landed on my feet with the bag I bought… OK it’s not a backpack, it’s a flymore bag I saw advertised on eBay, designed for the Mavic 2 with an extra compartment at the other side for a Smart Controller.
I can get everything into the bag including lights, sunshade, Smart Controller, rubber sun shade, heavy duty shoulder strap, cables, filters, etc. The thing I love most about this bag is that I can setup and put away without having to put the bag on the ground… and it only cost £45 from China.

I bought this one off ebay. It has a hard shell top, is small, light and comfortable to wear as a backpack and had a top handle for simple carrying. You can leave the sticks fitted to the smart controller when it is fitted into the cutout for it in the middle of the case, I put the standard controller in the space where the SC goes just so you can see the size. There is space for four batteries if you keep one attached to the Mavic body and plenty of space in the pocket of the hard shell for your fifth battery, which you can see in my photos. Best thin is it only cost me $35. I had one for my old Mavic as well. They also make these for the standard controller for the Mavic 2Pro. All hard foam tight cutouts to keep things safe and snug.

Attachments

• IMG_6771.jpg
    IMG_6771.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6772.jpg
    IMG_6772.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6773.jpg
    IMG_6773.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6774.jpg
    IMG_6774.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6777.jpg
    IMG_6777.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6778.jpg
    IMG_6778.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: PAW
I call mines, a unit.

Another Droneguard BP-250 user. I put the Smart Controller in the Laptop area. This frees up a lot of room in the main compartment for batteries and other items.

Another Droneguard BP-250 user. I put the Smart Controller in the Laptop area. This frees up a lot of room in the main compartment for batteries and other items.

I really like the little controller compartment in the main area, the way the special padding protects the controller sticks.
I’m using an MP though, maybe M2P sticks are removable.

Reactions: Brewbud
I really like the little controller compartment in the main area, the way the special padding protects the controller sticks.
I’m using an MP though, maybe M2P sticks are removable.

I do use that area when I use my standard controller. The Smart controller is just a little too tall to fit the main compartment well so into the laptop area it goes. The sticks are removable for both the standard M2P controller and the Smart Controller.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
For those with the Droneguard BP250 - is the pack deep enough so the M2P could sit bottom-down instead of on its side as its shown in the Lowepro product photos? It seems like this might be better for the gimbal as this is its native orientation. Thanks!

I am waiting on the PGYTECH OneMo backpack that I ordered to replace a more generic one I had. Lots of pics in the linked page. Adjustable partitions too. May fit your needs. Scroll down the page for the pics and detailed info.

Reactions: PAW
For those with the Droneguard BP250 - is the pack deep enough so the M2P could sit bottom-down instead of on its side as its shown in the Lowepro product photos? It seems like this might be better for the gimbal as this is its native orientation. Thanks!
It'll fit either way.
Image 2019-12-08 at 8.56.26 pm (1).pngImage 2019-12-08 at 8.56.50 pm (1).png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S