DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best battery cell modify for Mavic Air?

mjnhchj

Reactions
Hello all. Which battery cell is the best for Mavic Air? Include: flight time, weight, wind resistant, stable, price .... I have Mavic air 2 cell 4.4V 3500mAh, Mavic pro cell 4.35V 3830mAh, Mavic 2 pro, ....

Last edited:
What brings about their differences? If dimensions then that may be a limiting factor. Do they use differing chemistry?
If you do not know the answers to those questions etc. it might be better to stick with the original capacities and voltage.
That said if replacing cells in the original battery case using the original control board I would suggest you investigate whether that control board will permanently switch something to open circuit if it sees no voltage or too low a voltage, at any time.
It might be necessary to either
1) rig up a connection, that is independent of the cells, that will supply the board with the needed voltage whilst the actual cells are being swapped. Or,
2) if such monitoring monitors each cell individually, connect the new cell in parallel with the old cell BEFORE the old cell is disconnected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing! with the air2 battery cell, it gives up to 25 minutes of hovering time and everything works correctly. Many people have done it successfully. but I don't want to follow them, I want to do something better than them. I have a little theoretical background about battery cells. but i want to find out if anyone has done it or not? Of course, everything needs to be adjusted a bit accordingly. I know well about that! Thanks a lot!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout