DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best battery cells for moded battery ?

mavicmodx

Reactions
Hi, which cells are best for this drone?
1. Who last the longest?
2. Has anyone tried 5,000 mah from a rc car ?

Last edited:
Reactions: zenonn
The issue isn't finding higher capacity cells, or even finding higher capacity cells that fit the battery compartment at a similar weight. The difficult part is finding the means to correctly flash the EEPROM to work properly with those cells.

Reactions: mavicmodx
Have a look at this bloke's videos.

I appreciate his efforts, but his circuit requiring lots of extra steps and hassle at flight time is not what most of us are looking for. And simply running an externally mounted set of cells in parallel with the pack is not really ideal either. Most are simply looking for a single battery pack, plug and play solution, like the Mini 3 or Mini 3 Pro with the Plus battery pack.

Again, finding higher capacity cells to take the place of the factory cells is the easy part. Programming the pack to take advantage of the additional capacity is the tough part. I'm sure there are plenty of software guys who can do it, but it's most likely not worth their time. And shipping around lithium ion/polymer batteries adds liability.

If anyone knows of someone who can correctly reprogram the packs, I'm all ears.

I appreciate his efforts, but his circuit requiring lots of extra steps and hassle at flight time is not what most of us are looking for. And simply running an externally mounted set of cells in parallel with the pack is not really ideal either. Most are simply looking for a single battery pack, plug and play solution, like the Mini 3 or Mini 3 Pro with the Plus battery pack.

Again, finding higher capacity cells to take the place of the factory cells is the easy part. Programming the pack to take advantage of the additional capacity is the tough part. I'm sure there are plenty of software guys who can do it, but it's most likely not worth their time. And shipping around lithium ion/polymer batteries adds liability.

If anyone knows of someone who can correctly reprogram the packs, I'm all ears.
I can make the bms work with the parameters of the new cells, my question is instead of wandering around, ask and find out faster which cells are the best offer, in terms of weight and such.

I have tried with cells of 3500 MAH(from air2s
Size: 72*39*9.5mm
Weight: 53.8g)
, and they stay in place for about 40m. But i wanna better results :) I think to try the mini 3 3850 MAH cells (I have information that the cells are sized, The cells size about 9*38*72mm 3.7V Max 4.25V) , can someone confirm it? thanks :)

Reactions: zenonn
I have tried with cells of 3500 MAH(from air2s
Size: 72*39*9.5mm
Weight: 53.8g)
, and they stay in place for about 40m. But i wanna better results :) I think to try the mini 3 3850 MAH cells

I bought a Mini 3 Plus battery pack for the sole purpose of using the cells in the Mini 2, but I've held off from tearing into the pack because I have a Mini 3 Pro that I should be receiving any day now. Decided to just use the battery for its intended purpose. But from testing with fitment of other cells, I feel confident that they'll fit.

Which software are you using to reprogram the battery pack?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost