DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best device to use with M2PRO

TheDoctor

Reactions
Good morning noon or evening people
I wonder what would the the best device / platform to use together with M2S. I've tried it with Huawei Mate20Pro and seems to be OK but people keep saying to try out with iPad / iPhone. Any recommendations?

TIA

I wonder what would the the best device / platform to use together with M2S. I've tried it with Huawei Mate20Pro and seems to be OK but people keep saying to try out with iPad / iPhone. Any recommendations?
Lots of Apple people seem to think that nothing works as well as Apple so you'll get those sort of comments.
Your phone should run the app at least as well as any Apple phone.
If you want a larger display device, Huawei's M3 and M5 are the best Android flying tablets (and at least as good as anything from Apple too).

@TheDoctor Like what Meta4 said, whatever fits your budget and preference. The list that @msinger has compiled is a pretty good go-to list of displays that we as OP's have inputted to him via his request for input.
Two years ago I would have not agreed (subjective, not quantitative) but not any more. A quick comparison of the likes is a tad bit over two to one for Android.
Once you have figured out whether you want a iPad or Android, then the decision of which one begins, GOOD LUCK.:D Don't forget to hover over any numbers in the DJI Go column and definitely click on the Discuss bubble in the discuss column for any device you might be interested in.

You can find a current list of supported and commonly used mobile devices here:
Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

Reactions: Drronn
Im on Huawei MediaPad T3 (KOB-W09) - 8" and everything is just fine - the only thing im not satisfied is the screen brightness. But i think even an idevice will be same - to have super-brightness you should go with some specially dedicated device

Good morning noon or evening people

TIA

I started out with the Samsung S8 but got sick of the glitches in the android version of Go4. Begrudgingly moved over to an iPad Mini 4 on IOS and it's a far better experience, the App runs far smoother and it's never frozen or crashed out. The size of the Mini 4 for me is a perfect compromise between size and weight when flying, in regards to the brightness it's no Crystal Sky but on the sunnier days it takes seconds to pop a shade on and I've never struggled to view the screen.

I started out with the Samsung S8 but got sick of the glitches in the android version of Go4.
The Android version of the app runs perfectly and without glitches (on a fast phone/tablet with enough RAM.
If you were getting glitches, you probably had some bad settings on your phone.

The Android version of the app runs perfectly and without glitches (on a fast phone/tablet with enough RAM.
If you were getting glitches, you probably had some bad settings on your phone.
Absolutely not, brand new phone WIFI off and nothing running in the background, and the s8 certainly has the capability to handle Go4. I tried what seemed like several thousand options on the phone and still got the occasional freeze up or crash. Im no Apple fanboy, far from it, but the App does run far smoother on IOS from my experience.

Im no Apple fanboy, far from it, but the App does run far smoother on IOS from my experience.
Your experience with one phone or tablet doesn't mean that Android devices can't run the app properly.
There are plenty of users that can tell you that they have no glitches, no problems and no issues running the app on their Android devices.
The app might run as well on an Apple device as it does on my two flying tablets.
But it couldn't run any better because they give a perfect flying experience.

Your experience with one phone or tablet doesn't mean that Android devices can't run the app properly.
There are plenty of users that can tell you that they have no glitches, no problems and no issues running the app on their Android devices.
The app might run as well on an Apple device as it does on my two flying tablets.
But it couldn't run any better because they give a perfect flying experience.
Your absolutely right, samsung S8 and S9 and the p20 pro are the ones I tried before going for ios, all three had issues. If i had found a device that ran super smooth id have much preffered to stay with Android than give apple my money

Your absolutely right, samsung S8 and S9 and the p20 pro are the ones I tried before going for ios, all three had issues. If i had found a device that ran super smooth id have much preffered to stay with Android than give apple my money
If you are shopping for an Android device in future, the Huawei M3 and M5 are probably the best flying tablets out there.

But the models you listed should have worked properly.
It looks like there are plenty of happy users for them here: Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

Here are some instructions for properly setting up an Android device to run the app:
Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) | Phantom Help

New Samsung tablet coming , Tab 5SE , very good processors , 4 and 6 gb ram versions , 10.5 inch , lower price point

Here under the bright Texas skies the Crystal Sky is the only way to go. I used a IPhone and iPad and neither compare to the brightness of CS! I’m confident DJI will have waypoint up grade soon

Drone on.........

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa