DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Drone Editing Software?

Maverick88

Reactions
Hi everyone, new pilot here!

Drone: Mavic Air 2

So i just purchased this drone and have flown it a few times already and I love it. In anticipation of the drone i got a new computer -- Dell XPS 15 Laptop computer.

My question is, after having fun with the features of the drone every YouTube video tutorial recommends the D-Cinelike option for better post-production value. Since that is the case, and the most ideal way to touch up any drone footage; what would be the ideal Software to buy to make my videos look professional.

-- I know most people use Premiere or Final Cut -- but i'm looking for alternative solutions if possible. (that being said, if Premiere/Final Cut is the way to go, is there any ideal version to pay for? I know they have add-ons etc.)

Thanks!

Here is a list of the various editing programs different members have discussed.
Personally I use VSDC on my PC running WIndows 10. They have both a free versions and licensed version.
HERE is a link to their web

Attachments

• VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE.pdf
    59.7 KB · Views: 196
I used to use both Adobe Premier and Final cut to edit video in the past but to be quite frank unless you are a professional or very serious about video editing you are paying for lots of functionality that you will most probably never use and with both products very expensive or on monthly plans it needs careful consideration.
When I retired I personally looked for more cost effective ways to produce both good quality video and images so initially I purchased Adobe Premier and Photoshop elements in 2019 in a single pack for £130 for my iMac which i still use today.
I also use a 12.9 iPad Pro and for this I initially used the iMovie but eventually purchased LumaFusion which is a reasonable one off price and that has allowed me to do the vast majority of video editing up to 4K on the iPad with Adobe elements on the iMac as backup. The LumaFusion app is very sophisticated and can produce excellent video.
Sorry for going on a bit but I just thought I would give you information on my experience to consider.
Good luck with your choice.

I used to use both Adobe Premier and Final cut to edit video in the past but to be quite frank unless you are a professional or very serious about video editing you are paying for lots of functionality that you will most probably never use and with both products very expensive or on monthly plans it needs careful consideration.
When I retired I personally looked for more cost effective ways to produce both good quality video and images so initially I purchased Adobe Premier and Photoshop elements in 2019 in a single pack for £130 for my iMac which i still use today.
I also use a 12.9 iPad Pro and for this I initially used the iMovie but eventually purchased LumaFusion which is a reasonable one off price and that has allowed me to do the vast majority of video editing up to 4K on the iPad with Adobe elements on the iMac as backup. The LumaFusion app is very sophisticated and can produce excellent video.
Sorry for going on a bit but I just thought I would give you information on my experience to consider.

LumaFusion loops nice but only seems to work for apple products. I have a PC. Any good PC recommends??

Check out Davinci Resolve. The free version is very good.

Thank you! I've heard of this being an excellent way to get into editing. I'm going to try it out and have some fun making videos.

One thing I have to ask, I like the idea of adding music to footage. (I know I can't use copyrighted songs, which is fine)

But could you offer any advice on where to find music I can use? I don't mind paying for it as long as there is a lot of variety of songs to choose from.

Thank you! I've heard of this being an excellent way to get into editing. I'm going to try it out and have some fun making videos.

One thing I have to ask, I like the idea of adding music to footage. (I know I can't use copyrighted songs, which is fine)

But could you offer any advice on where to find music I can use? I don't mind paying for it as long as there is a lot of variety of songs to choose from.

In post #2 I put a PDF file up listing a bunch of editing programs. Like cars and drone, it is personal preference. You should be able to find one you like and that will be the one you will use
Music
YouTube - free
Sound Image - free, accepts donations

For music check out Soundstripe or Artlist but a google search should bring up many more royalty free music websites.

The free version of DaVinci Resolve is far more powerful that PS Premier. It only works well if you have a GPU chip in your PC and is a bit challenging to learn. That said, it is worth the effort. There are many excellent YouTube videos to teach you how.

Da Vinci 16 est un must même en version gratuite. ce n'est pas une version au rabais.
Et il y a de tutos sur internet Nombreux et même des livres Pour en posséder les toutes ses énormes Possibilités.
C’est quand même le logiciel edité par les camera video BLACK MAGIC professionnelles !!!

Davinci Resolve 16. The free version is all you will (ever) need. There is a bit of a learning curve especially for the advanced options but for basic edidit you can learn it pretty quickly. DR16 is completely free and it's editing capability matches and in some cases rivals Premier Pro.
Yes and you tube resolve zero to hero. Walks through the key elements.

Reactions: Maverick88
I just purchased the PS Elements and Premiere Elements combo (no cloud subscription required) as well, I also use Bridge (free) as my front end. Easy enough to learn and use. I also have the FILMORA Wondershare 9 and the PRO versions. Please with them as well. My laptop (Dell G3) just went belly up for the second time this year, so looking for respectable photo/video laptop for replacement.

Some folks will gravitate toward the big $$ higher end video editors. Something on a smaller scaler would be recommended if just beginning. Just be sure 4K is able to be accepted as many people are now using the 4K as standard.

Reactions: Maverick88

So i just purchased this drone and have flown it a few times already and I love it. In anticipation of the drone i got a new computer -- Dell XPS 15 Laptop computer.

My question is, after having fun with the features of the drone every YouTube video tutorial recommends the D-Cinelike option for better post-production value. Since that is the case, and the most ideal way to touch up any drone footage; what would be the ideal Software to buy to make my videos look professional.

-- I know most people use Premiere or Final Cut -- but i'm looking for alternative solutions if possible. (that being said, if Premiere/Final Cut is the way to go, is there any ideal version to pay for? I know they have add-ons etc.)

Thanks!
I am sure that the moderator will quickly refer this question to the search icon (magnifying glass) since this topic arises almost daily. I will chime in with my usual answer here;

The best computer is the most powerful computer you can afford. It does notmatter if it's a Dell or a MAC. I prefer MAC because MACs are designed for graphic designers and are more photographically intuitive. I left my Dell behind 2 years ago and good riddance. I had to call a tech almost monthly for the Dell. As far as the Dell goes, buy as much RAM and processing power and best graphics card you can afford if you can.

With regard to software, my go to is Adobe Premiere Pro but it is expensive and has a steep learning curve but it produces any video you need. You need a bigger boat!- e.g.: processing power. Others swear by the free version of softwares.

Thanks!
I've been using Vegas Pro for over a decade but switching overt the the free (but not stripped down) DaVinci Resolve after Vegas giving me playback issues with 4K.
BTW, I thought D Cinelike was the way to go but after seeing this only this morning I'll be testing the normal setting.

Reactions: Drumsagard
I've been using Vegas Pro for over a decade but switching overt the the free (but not stripped down) DaVinci Resolve after Vegas giving me playback issues with 4K.
BTW, I thought D Cinelike was the way to go but after seeing this only this morning I'll be testing the normal setting.

Thanks for that recommendation. I do want to make 4k videos and it's interesting that D-cinelike may not be the way to go. Every other youtube video says that's the best format to do post-production work.

Reactions: Drumsagard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada