DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best drone to practice Atti-Mode

I first started with the Syma X8C (Syma X8C on Amazon). Prop guards and camera are easily removed. The quadcopter is similar in size to the Phantom 3 and only has gyros for stabilization. For me it was fun to fly and a good trainer, especially compared to the micro and large underpowered quadcopters.

You'll need to remember though. Each drone, from small to large, to lightweight to heavyweight will have completely different behaviors in atti mode. Some may drift more than others, some may not drift much at all. You may have a hard time cotrolling a smaller one vs a larger or vice versa. Maybe your best bet is to get a drone that can be switced from GPS to Atti mode at your whim. You can take off in GPS mode. Then, when your up, you can change to atti mode. If you find yourself flying horribly and it's too risky, quickly switch back to GPS mode.

Maybe your best bet is to get a drone that can be switced from GPS to Atti mode at your whim. You can take off in GPS mode. Then, when your up, you can change to atti mode. If you find yourself flying horribly and it's too risky, quickly switch back to GPS mode.
My first thought exactly. I use my Phantom 3 Pro for just such - there's a little toggle switch on the RC to go from P-GPS to Atti mode (and back) in an instant. You won't need the Pro for that tho, my first GPS drone was a P3 Standard and has a similar switch... and they're cheap these days.

I use my Air2. Yet, our flying conditions are probably way different - Florida (flat) compared to Western NC (mountainous). ATTI mode is almost a regular thing here, esp when in really low areas with mountains and lots of trees scaling up high above you. Not sure where in FL you could experience a lot of ATTI unless in a big city like Miami flying in and around a lot of tall buildings in close proximity to each other. But good idea to try and learn to fly in ATTI, as you may encounter it on travels elsewhere.

Most of my flying is done in Cine / Tripod mode anyway - so when ATTI is up and running, you simply have to be very aware of the drone and not fixed on your display - but on the drone in flight. The drone (at least my Air2) is somewhat stable, yet even small wind changes can move the drone around. Flying in tight places during those times is something I don't think any amount of training / practice prepares you for other than hopefully not over-reacting on the sticks and causing your own crash.

I'd suggest using the drone you fly most of the time, so you know how it reacts - as others mentioned - each drone does differently in ATTI. Just go slow keeping stick movements as little as necessary and keeping clear of as many obstructions as you can.

I use a Mavic 2 Zoom and the Smart Controller.
I have replaced Tripod Mode with ATTI Mode following the instructions here...
It works very well and echoing the sentiments above, it is a skill well worth practising.

I use my Air2. Yet, our flying conditions are probably way different - Florida (flat) compared to Western NC (mountainous). ATTI mode is almost a regular thing here, esp when in really low areas with mountains and lots of trees scaling up high above you. Not sure where in FL you could experience a lot of ATTI unless in a big city like Miami flying in and around a lot of tall buildings in close proximity to each other. But good idea to try and learn to fly in ATTI, as you may encounter it on travels elsewhere.

Most of my flying is done in Cine / Tripod mode anyway - so when ATTI is up and running, you simply have to be very aware of the drone and not fixed on your display - but on the drone in flight. The drone (at least my Air2) is somewhat stable, yet even small wind changes can move the drone around. Flying in tight places during those times is something I don't think any amount of training / practice prepares you for other than hopefully not over-reacting on the sticks and causing your own crash.

I'd suggest using the drone you fly most of the time, so you know how it reacts - as others mentioned - each drone does differently in ATTI. Just go slow keeping stick movements as little as necessary and keeping clear of as many obstructions as you can.
How do you get the Air 2 in and out of ATTI?

How do you get the Air 2 in and out of ATTI?
I haven't seen an option to switch between GPS and ATTI in the MAir2 or the AIR2s. I have made my Mavic 2 fly in ATTI mode just by covering the top of it with a few layers of tin foil. Flyin in ATTI mode certainly feels weird. I remember when the old quad copters didn't have GPS. It was very difficult flying in close quarters.

I have a the mavic pro and not for sure what ATTI mode is. Does mavic pro have atti mode?

I have a the mavic pro and not for sure what ATTI mode is. Does mavic pro have atti mode?
In ATTI mode, instead of maintaining a fixed GPS/vision sensor location when hovering, the drone will simply stay level and at the same altitude. IT WILL NOT be able to stay in a stationary horizontal position. It will drift depending on which way the wind is blowing.There is no app function in the Mavic 2 series ( I don't know about the Mav 1 series)that will turn ATTI mode on or off. It goes to GPS automatically when it has enough satellite signals.

In ATTI mode, instead of maintaining a fixed GPS/vision sensor location when hovering, the drone will simply stay level and at the same altitude. IT WILL NOT be able to stay in a stationary horizontal position. It will drift depending on which way the wind is blowing.There is no app function in the Mavic 2 series ( I don't know about the Mav 1 series)that will turn ATTI mode on or off. It goes to GPS automatically when it has enough satellite signals.
Well yes and no, as outlined in post 6 above, you can basically tell the drone/controller to use the selector switch to go to Atti if you so desire and quickly switch back out of it for GPS flight. So no the App doesn't control the function but the switch on the controller can. This is a throw over from the Mavic Pro (Series 1) which works the same way both using Asst. 2 to accomplish.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada