DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best/fastest way to transfer photos and videos?

Webarno

Reactions
What method do you all use for transferring your content from your Mini 2 to your phone, tablet or computer?

I’ve tried the Quick Transfer feature, but found that to actually be anything but quick for any video content.
I’m assuming the best method would be to remove the SD Card and pop it in a high speed reader instead?

I’m looking at the USB-C ones so I can also plug it directly into my iPad.

Am I missing any other fast options?

Thanks!

Reactions: tlswift58
On page 9 of the Mini 2 v1.2 manual the USB-C port is used for charging and connecting to the computer. If the M2 is on it should able to see it as a drive on Windows. I haven't tried this with the M2, but MA done in this fashion shows the on-board memory and the SD card.

Reactions: Edh and crlmjohnson
I thought about that and could be useful if it works.
I suppose the only downside to that would be that the drone needs to be powered on.
I just received my A2s last week, and I would also consider that a down side, as I have found that you have to unfurl the legs, remove the gimbal protector (I think, haven't tried it without) and then turn on the drone.

It would be nice if, instead of turning it on with one short push and one long push on the power button, you could just do one long push and have it go into "drive mode" instead, without all of the other rigmarole.

I just received my A2s last week, and I would also consider that a down side, as I have found that you have to unfurl the legs, remove the gimbal protector (I think, haven't tried it without) and then turn on the drone.

It would be nice if, instead of turning it on with one short push and one long push on the power button, you could just do one long push and have it go into "drive mode" instead, without all of the other rigmarole.
That’s a great idea. Would be nice if DJI could do that in a firmware update or something.

I find that when using quick transfer it heats up considerably too, this would be a great alternative.

I purchased an sd extreme pro A1 card and it significantly increased my download time when I export from the drone. The drone gets really warm though so I dont do too many at once

What method do you all use for transferring your content from your Mini 2 to your phone, tablet or computer?

I’ve tried the Quick Transfer feature, but found that to actually be anything but quick for any video content.
I’m assuming the best method would be to remove the SD Card and pop it in a high speed reader instead?

I’m looking at the USB-C ones so I can also plug it directly into my iPad.

Am I missing any other fast options?

Thanks!
Just pull out the card and use a microSD card reader compatible with whatever iPad you are using. Nothing could be simpler! Trying to use the Mini 2 as a card reader is terribly inefficient and a waste of the drone battery.

Why would anyone consider doing anything but pulling the card...serious question
There can be problems pulling the card. My mini would not fly at all after pulling it and reading from it in a Windows computer. I own both mini and mini 2. I can't remember which drone would not operate but this problem has been discussed on this forum.

Last edited:
On page 9 of the Mini 2 v1.2 manual the USB-C port is used for charging and connecting to the computer. If the M2 is on it should able to see it as a drive on Windows. I haven't tried this with the M2, but MA done in this fashion shows the on-board memory and the SD card.
Like KIilrah says-talking speed ,take the card out and use a card reader .Card readers work on IOS & android, computer anything-then if you want save on hard drive.

There can be problems pulling the card. My mini would not fly at all after pulling it and reading from it in a Windows computer. I own both mini and mini 2. I can't remember which drone would not operate but this problem has been discussed on this forum.
This seems beyond unlikely.
Whatever the issue was, it wasn't pulling the SD card.
The fastest and simplest way to transfer image files is to pop the card, put it in a $3 USB card reader and put that in the computer.
i-rp39KXj-L.jpg

This seems beyond unlikely.
Whatever the issue was, it wasn't pulling the SD card.
The fastest and simplest way to transfer image files is to pop the card, put it in a $3 USB card reader and put that in the computer.
i-rp39KXj-L.jpg
Exactly what I thought. Unbelievable. But it has happened to others. Google it.

Exactly what I thought. Unbelievable. But it has happened to others. Google it.
I read hundreds of posts here and haven't come across it.
You can google it and pass it on.

ps .. lots of things get posted here by people that are mistaken about the causes of their incidents.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada