DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best flight planning app for Panorama missions?

metatours

Reactions
I'm trying to find a workflow that allows me to create a flight mission of many (100+) waypoints with actions programmed at each to stop and take a 360 panorama then continue to the next waypoint. I need each panorama location (waypoint) to be equally distanced apart by about 1000ft. Given the distance covered with a mission like this, I would also need to start the mission from any waypoint so I can land the drone, move locations, and start the mission again where I left off. I think Litchi is my best bet as I can program waypoint missions with 360 panoramas and I can choose the waypoint to start the mission from but how can I easily make the waypoints equally distanced apart? Is there a flight planning app that can export a .kml flight plan to Litchi that would work for this?

I'm trying to take many aerial panoramas that cover my entire city from 150' agl and the simplicity of this workflow will be key as I eventually want to build out a platform that allows other users to contribute to the library. Any advice is appreciated!!

i've just started playing with dronelink and it looks very promising! noob at drones with a dji mini and was able to setup a 'mission' in about an hour. works as expected! and from what i've seen, it can do everything you're asking (many waypoints, stop and start mission, etc. it actually has a 'mapping' function where you set the outside parameters and it automatically sets up the most efficient map path for the area designated. it also has a slick 'preview' mode that shows you what your mission looks like in maps (or if you pay for the higher level app, in google earth - 3d!)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest