DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best intelligent flight mode for accurately flying the length of a long path?

coffee-king

Reactions
Hi Guys
Which of the intelligent flight modes would you recommend for accurately flying the length of a long path? (I want to video it nice and smoothly)
When I say path I mean disused/emptied canal with NO ONE working on it?

Thanks guys

Hi Guys
Which of the intelligent flight modes would you recommend for accurately flying the length of a long path? (I want to video it nice and smoothly)
When I say path I mean disused/emptied canal with NO ONE working on it?

Thanks guys
If you can line it up right I would say course lock .
That or set homepoint to the middle of the canal
Then fly out as far as you need to then HL back.
That is what I would do as I only use the go app.
Waypoint mission if you use one of the other apps.

You can also use Litchi. Draw the track on the map and make your drone fly the track. With the proper settings in Litchi the software is much better at smooth flying than any operator could ever be :)

Ta. Litchi looks interesting but I'm now skint after buying the drone. Next up ND filters

You can use the DJI GO App waypoint system. Start on one end of the channel and drop a marker, then fly to the other end and drop another marker. It will create a straight flight path between the two markers. Then all you have to do is start the waypoint mission and catch your video! -CF

Reactions: rverkoey
Yeap, waypoints is the way to go :) Litchi has several options on how you want the camera pointing, angle, etc

I use Tap Fly a lot for that.
It keeps the speed constant and I think (not sure, though) it compensates for lateral wind drift.
If you need to change the camera heading, use course lock instead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato