DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best IPad mount for Mavic Pro?

Reactions
I just received my new Mavic pro and I have purchased a IPad 4 to attach to the controller.

My question is, which support bracket clamp would you think is the best?

I have looked at photos of brackets mounted to a controller on Amazon and it looks like most brackets block the controller screen when mounted to the controller; I want to see the controller as well as the IPad when flying.

Any input will be appricated

Buzz

For ipad minis = none. Spread the holding arms.

Reactions: Buzz In California
Thanks Mako, Great Idea;

I purchased the IPad 4 for the Mavic, I also own a Phantom 4 Pro that I. Currently have a I Pad 4 Mini, I will just change the I Pads and I'm good to go.

While downloading the upgrade firmware for the Mavic one of the improvements noted was a correction to the DJI goggle, so my next question is, can I use the goggles and the IPad Mini on the Mavic controller at the same time, so my friend can see the view as I look at the IPad?

Reactions: Prado man
Hi Garuda, I just re read your post after replying to Mako, my question to you is why do you use a bracket when you can attach the Mini 4 to the controller?
I can answer that, yes I know an iPad Mini 4 fits between the controller arms (had that setup myself for awhile)...but I cant recommend it. The angle on your hands/thumbs gets quite wide and not comfortable when having longer flying sessions. I bet it is also alot easier to fit a sunhood with a bracket mount. This is just my tip based on personal preference.

Reactions: Aerial West
Garuda, you bring up good pints, I am going to fly this weekend using the mini 4 attached to the controller, if I encounter the issues you have described, I''ll buy the Mavemount post this weekend and hopefully have it by the next weekend, I'll let you know next week how I did

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Garuda, you bring up good pints, I am going to fly this weekend using the mini 4 attached to the controller, if I encounter the issues you have described, I''ll buy the Mavemount post this weekend and hopefully have it by the next weekend, I'll let you know next week how I did

Thanks for taking the time to reply
Hope your flight go well, heard alot of good stuff about the Mavmount!

Hi Garuda, I just re read your post after replying to Mako, my question to you is why do you use a bracket when you can attach the Mini 4 to the controller?

Here is the problem I have found when using an iPad mini 2 without a bracket. When you attach the IPad mini directly to the controller the bottom of your hands rub on the screen and you are constantly being thrown out of the dji app or changing views. For me it became so frustrating that I just didn't use the iPad mini.

So, I finally got home to rest the IPads on my controller, the mini fits on the Mavic controller very nicely; the IPad fits on the clamp on the Phantom perfectly; unfortunately my Phantom is being repaired by DJI and I can not test it until it's returned.

I purchased a case at Harbor Frieght that holds the controller fitted with the IPad Mini without removing the iPad; I tried to fly it today at a fireworks location, but was prevented by the local PD

Does anyone know if other cell clamps fit the mavemount? I just bought a mavemount but forgot to order a cell clamp and now I will have to pay double what it’s worth to get it delivered thanks to their flat rate of $26.00

Reactions: Gwangi
I use a PGYTECH holder (about $20) to attach my iPad Mini 4 to the controller for two reasons. (1) It provides a more comfortable grip. When the iPad is attached directly to the controller, the grip feels too wide. (2) I like using a sunshade on very sunny days. The shade doesn't fit properly if the iPad is directly mounted to the controller.

For those of you using a larger tablet, doesn't it bother you to cover the controller? Isn't there a good one where the screen is above the controller?

For those of you using a larger tablet, doesn't it bother you to cover the controller? Isn't there a good one where the screen is above the controller?

IMHO, it's all about a balanced and fatigue-free feel while flying. I want my hands/fingers to be as unencumbered as possible to operate the controls.

I use a 9.7" iPad Pro with a Mavmount and a lanyard. The lanyard takes most of the weight off my hands and the orientation of the controller and the iPad is such that only a very minor balancing effort needs to be done with my hands.

When I started flying the Mavic, I had the orientation of the controller and the iPad adjusted so I could see the controller over the top edge of the iPad; a priority at that time. Then, I realized that I rarely needed to view the controller as the DJI Go app showed me all the info I needed. About that same time, I added a total of 4 batteries to my kit and found that over roughly 80-minutes of flying, controller/iPad balance and control became the priority.

In any case, an adjustable iPad/controller mount with a ball-head and swiveling tablet holder can allow you maximum orientation flexibility and be reconfigurable as your preferences develop.

FWIW

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
I am new to quadcopter flying, I have been looking at the Mavmount range and I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and a iPad Pro.
Can anyone tell me if there are UK shops (physical and online) that sell them?
I can only find USA sellers.

Thanks
Mike

I use the SKYREAT mount with a Galaxy S9. It works great. The key is to adjust the angle to make sure the controller is balanced. Also, the holes in the base make it possible to attach a lanyard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme