Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Best mounts system for crystalsky 5,5 w/ Mavic Pro

Xblog

What are best mounts system for crystalsky 5,5 w/ Mavic Pro Remote ?
thanks for yours suggestions !

TopQuark

Adding a plate is too cumbersome. A simple design is to add extension plates to both sides of CrystalSky so it can be mounted just like a cell phone.

Cyberpower678

Adding a plate is too cumbersome. A simple design is to add extension plates to both sides of CrystalSky so it can be mounted just like a cell phone.
I disagree. Once the plate is setup, you clamp it like a phone and then plop the CrystalSky on the bracket.

TopQuark

I disagree. Once the plate is setup, you clamp it like a phone and then plop the CrystalSky on the bracket.
I respect your opinion but another plate plus mounting the screen to the plate is cumbersome to me for run and gun style of shooting. I was hoping for some solution similar to this:

CrystalSky_Mount.jpg

The keys at the right side are still accessible since the CrystalSky unit is elevated from the mount.

Cyberpower678

I respect your opinion but another plate plus mounting the screen to the plate is cumbersome to me for run and gun style of shooting. I was hoping for some solution similar to this:

View attachment 15699

The keys at the right side are still accessible since the CrystalSky unit is elevated from the mount.
Fair enough, but I think it's simple enough. Clamp the plate, stick the screen on the bracket.

HydroneMantis

im thinking of taking the top bracket in this pic

that attaches to the monitor and epoxying it the plate so i can mount the monitor to it. ill cut a hole in the plate for the battery.

inkytog

So I've been looking for a solution for the Mavic and CS and also for my osmo and osmo pro.
Of course even though DJI say they are supported they haven't quite announced how they are going to be mounting CS.

So I came across these guys. They take a custom base plate and then use the official DJI mount.

For me this has the advantage that I can leave the CS with the dedicated mounting connector on it and then just add another DJI mount to my P4P.

As a bonus the plate will fit into my osmo and osmo pro so I can hopefully use this across 4 devices.

I don't know how elegant any DJI solution will be but I like the idea I don't have to unscrew the mount from the monitor but can just unlock it and lock it to another device.

So.. so far this looks like the best mount yet with no need to glue/drill.

Mavic Pro Crystal Sky Mounting Bracket (3-5 day Processing Time) - FlyHighUSA

3goldens

What’s wrong with this company that they design a product that is essentially for their products and of course others that this discussion even has to take place! Unbelievable!!

harmonix234

Yes. The mount I showed uses the DJI bracket sk it can all be angled.
Well I'm sold. Thanks for the info! Just got my unit yesterday and it is slick. Just need a charger and bracket. Luckily I found a 30 dollar charger online at Amazon so the investment in both will be minimal.

inkytog

Somforgive my ignorance. You bought the bracket? The 80 dollar dji bracket? And the mount attaches to it?

Just trying to lock in some logistics in my head.
Yes. Correct. So the plate thing is 30 dollars and the DJI bracket attaches to that.

So I actually bought 2 DJI brackets and one plate. One bracket for my P4P to use as intended straight on the RC and another to use on the plate for the Mavic and as the photo shows with the Osmo phone holder too.

DirtyJ

$35 from DirtyJDesigns.com We've sold thousands of these mounts for ipads with very positive reviews. We just finished our 5.5" crystalsky version. We're printing up stock right now and waiting for some thumbscrews to secure the monitor to the mount to come in then we'll start shipping. I could put up a pre-order option if people would like?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RysiekBB