DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best place to buy Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller and extra batteries

Hello and welcome!

Personally, depending on where you are from, I would buy directly from DJI if there is no authorized dealer in your country. If in US, B&H is a great source for DJI drones and DJI accessories. Be careful and only use reputable sellers if you get them from EBay or Amazon resellers, too many fake parts out there including batteries.

Oh yeah, also dont put “wanted to buy” ads here- there’s a classifieds thread for that on the main menu:

Have fun and post back about it when you start flying, but register it first and read all about the rules and regs for hobby fliers before you start. Lots of help for that here too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If you are a student or teacher with a .edu email account, I would recommend purchasing directly from DJI using their student discount. That won't get you around the out of stock issue on the controller but it will save you a few hundred bucks.

Reactions: AMann
The DJI Educational Discount can surely save one some bucks. Mavic 2 batteries and the Smart Controller are not items that are eligible for that discount though.
Actually msinger, the list of items that are available for the educational discount are not all listed on the site link. Once you get the discount code in your DJI account, it takes you to a page that has several hundred items that you can apply the discount to. It appears to be pretty much every item that DJI has available, to include accessories. And that includes batteries and individual remotes.

ETA:
I stand corrected. The smart controller is not available on the discount page, however the M2 intelligent flight battery is. It is discounted down to $125.10.

Last edited:
Actually msinger, the list of items that are available for the educational discount are not all listed on the site link
They are listed half way down this page. Perhaps the list is not current?

They are listed half way down this page. Perhaps the list is not current?
Yea, that's not all the discounted items. That list only includes 11 items. On the actual link that you receive with the discount code it has literally probably 600 items that the 10% discount can be applied to.

Hi

Thank you for the info. I’m in US. I sold my Mavic Pro and upgrading to Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller. I’ve seen M2P+SC+butteries bundles from few amazon third party sellers (prime). Bundles are listed in stock and amazon has pretty strict policies. Why you think it not safe to buy from third party sellers?

I have bought my last three DJI drones from Best Buy, including my latest, MP2 Pro with Smart controller.
As a member of BestBuy ( free to join) you get 5% back and excellent service if problems with your purchase.

Reactions: supershark.e

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61