DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best places in San Francisco

Girlcaptain

Reactions
Hey everyone !

I'm from France, new on this forum ! Sorry guys, English is not my native language !

I'm now in a worldtour, and I fly my drone everywhere when a can use it.
I'm flying to San Francisco tomorrow and don't really know where I'll be able to fly my drone (I did the FAA registration).
Unfortunately I know that is forbidden to fly over the GG bridge but what about the other places ? Can I fly directly over the city ? Early in the morning when the city is almost empty ? Can I fly the Mavic over the bay around the fisherman wharf for example ?
If you have good advises for the best places in the city for amazing shoot I'll be very happy to try it !
I book an hotel in the city center and I can only moove by public transport.

Thanks soo much for your help !

Last edited:
Download an app called Airmap and it'll give you a good idea of where you can/cannot takeoff from and the associated numbers of numbers to call for notifications (it can be alot). Much of the coast line around the city is part of the Golden Gate National Park. Also note that during any games at AT&T field there are TFRs in place that cover a good portion of the airspace in the downtown area. The rest is up to you to decide whether it is safe/wise to fly.

Last edited:
173678be68a43ab8513728e22fb93e38.jpg
S.F. is a pretty restricted area...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27