DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best polarised nd filter for m2p?

Where are you located? What kind of shooting do you do most... time of day, etc?
I find in AZ deserts I use polarized ND 16 and 32 most often, but shoot a lot w/o any filter too.

Reactions: Chook
I don’t know much about Nd filters but I want to increase my picture quality as I am shooting at a wedding

For the specific time you mention, if low FStops are ok (2-5)... i’d Get the 32. Better to have both though.

Reactions: Chook
There is no such best polarized filter. You are talking about use on a drone so that stand point it’s mobile. The angle will change as soon as you move off that position and you can’t change it w/o returning. Better to adjust levels in post.

Just use a ND filter (Non polarized) and set it to the sunlight need at that time.

Reactions: Thomas B and Chook
See my detailed write up here - you may want to just get normal ND filters rather than polarized filters, but 100% up to you:

Reactions: Thomas B and Chook
Ok so what would be the best normal Nd filter for a bright summers day with lots of landscape?

There is no one best, it depends on lighting conditions and that can vary greatly even on a bright summers day.
You have a choice, get a set of fixed ND filters or get one or two variable filters.
Fixed are always reckoned to give the best image quality but the Variables these days seem pretty good.
It also depends on the price you want to pay vs quality of filter.

So either go with something mid budget like these these

Or for ease of use try the Variables Freewell variable filters currently listed as unavailable unfortunately as they are likely to cover all the lighting conditions you may meet

If you want to go slightly higher budget then Polar Pro are very popular Here

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143