DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best second phone to use with dji fly

DrBill

Reactions
Hi, does anyone use a dedicated phone other than their personal phone for flying their drone? I have had problems with my Galaxy S21 Ultra and decided that it is just better to have a second phone for flying. I don't want to pay $$$, but want one that works well. Any suggestions would be helpful.
I have the the Air2.

You might give this list a look and see if one of the devices is in the budget.

I fly with a Tripltek Pro 7" tablet, not cheap, but the best for my drone flights.

Good luck and happy shopping.

I'm currently looking for a Galaxy A40 which I'm led to believe can run the fly app. I also use a Galaxy A7 tab.

I know there were some problems with Android 12 and the Fly app and Litchi but that was solved with new app releases.
You have one of the best phones in the world for everything included flying drones. The screen of the Galaxy S21 ultra has a brightness peak of 1500 nits. There is no other phone capable of this.
Now, if you want a dedicated phone just for flying, why not going for a bigger screen? A tablet would suit you better for this purpose. My 2 cents.

Reactions: Capt KO and MA2 317
I use my previous phone purely for the drone, its a Pixel 2XL and works really well, very stable running the app. What I also did was pick up a very cheap sim card at £4/month with 4Gb data for the drone-phone just so the mapping works better and if I'm away I could download firmware updates on the go.

As danymavicpilot said above, you want to avoid any android 12 phones right now, so my older pixel is stuck on android 11 which suits it fine.

This is a great resource. I used it to pick up an inexpensive tablet that would use both DJI apps so no matter which drone I use, I have not my phone flying with it.

Reactions: MA2 317
I have a simular question. Can i use a deactivated phone to fly my mini 2? I don't want to take my 22 ulta out of the case each time i fly my drone.

Yes.

Use the home WiFi for updates / map before you fly.

Or you could hot spot the 22 ultra if you need a live connection, which you shouldn't need, unless unlocking a GEO zone or LAANC request.

Even then, you should be able to do that from home on a computer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost