DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best settings for a night video shoot?

L.D.

Reactions
Hi everyone!

I am about to shoot with the MP a drone shot during a night scene. Being only used to shoot during day light I was wondering if some of you could recommend the best settings for the camera to use? We will light this scene and the shot is basically a wide master flying away revealing a small town square... i am sure some of you shot city landscapes at night before, any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Best time for any night pictures is the blue hour when all lights are on but the sky is not completely dark:
5ff92f1e8a68630c4f2965516a487214.jpg
Suzhou
B&W can also look nice:
86ce69adbb7f42fb880640d01d0853db.jpg
Kuala Lumpur

What I am looking to accomplish is actually shoot 4K video with the MP at night. The shot will be part of a movie, so I would like to figure out what are the best video settings to achieve the best results the MP could give me :)

Those pictures look amazing tho Egika!

Video - ok. That's different. Not too much that you can do there.
ISO will be pretty high and exposure time long anyway.
You should check the the AE does not try to brighten up your shot to a 18% grey. I could be necessary to dial the AE compensation down to -0.3 or -0.7

Phantom 4 Pro with 1" sensor is much better for night shoots. Nothing I tried with my Mavic Pro at night came out much good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121