DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best settings with PolarPro filters Cinema VIVID

Xblog

Reactions
Hi,
What is the best settings (shutter speed) with PolarPro Filter (Cinema serie // VIVID) ND 4 /8 /16 ?
Thanks !
poke @PolarPro ;)

The shutter speed you need to use will vary depending on the light conditions you're currently shooting. Your goal is to use the ND filter that allows you to have good exposure at a shutter speed as close to double your recording framerate as possible.

For example, if you are shooting 24fps, you want your shutter as close to 48 (ie 50) as possible. If you're shooting 60fps, you want your shutter speed as close to 120 as possible.

If you're shutter speed is way to high for the scene, try going to the darker ND filter in your set and visa versa.

ND filters are only necessary in still photography if you're trying to force a longer shutter to blur motion.

Last edited:
Hi,
What is the best settings (shutter speed) with PolarPro Filter (Cinema serie // VIVID) ND 4 /8 /16 ?
Thanks !
poke @PolarPro ;)

Hi Xblog,

I just wanted to follow up on this since you mentioned us in your post. As Joola mentioned the best settings to use will vary according to the environment you're in and the goal you have in mind when shooting. Personal preferences also come into play - for example, I like to shoot underexposed and edit later, so I'll typically use a higher shutter speed or ND-value filter than another user might in the same situation. We offer a filter calculator app that is a great tool for helping decide which filter to use based on your camera's settings, and in your case this sounds like it would come in pretty handy. It's free for iOS and Android, and you can find it in the App Store / Play Store by searching "polarpro". As always, please feel free to reach out to our support team directly if you would like more in-depth assistance.

- Oliver from PolarPro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112