DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best sharpness, contrast, and saturation settings for Mavic 2 Zoom

jthesenga

Reactions
There's very little out there in regards to the best sharpness, contrast, and saturation settings for the M2Z (tons for M2P). And what is out there is not a consensus—one person has it as +1, 0, -1, while someone else has it as 0,-1,+1. I'd prefer to do as little post-production as possible with my footage. Does anyone have suggestions for the best settings and an explanation for why they feel those settings are best? Thank you!

It is true that there seems to be many opinions on this. After reviewing a number of YouTube 'experts', I settled in on the following settings (for my M2Z and Osmo Pocket):
  • Style: Sharp = +1; Bright = 0; Sat = 0
  • Color: D-Cinelike
  • Codec: H264
  • Format: MOV (I use a Mac)
  • Photos: JPG + RAW (I wish I could save some SD card space and just shoot RAW, but alas that option does not exist)

However, truthfully, I have not done much video yet as I have a challenge finding places near where I live where it is both legal to fly with interesting subjects. Either that or I am too lazy (a distinct possibility!)

I have seen Tom Tech's YouTube video where he recommends:
  • Sharp = +1; Bright = -1; Sat = -2 if you will color grade
  • Sharp = +1; Bright = 0; Sat = -1 if you will NOT color grade

I plan on doing some color grading but I want to do a minimal amount until I get more proficient at it. First I need to get more proficient at actually getting of my 'A**" and going out to fly ;-)

I am not sure why Tom Tech recommends "-1" for saturation if you are not color grading since that is pretty low on saturation out of the camera. This is why I bumped mine setting up from his to be Sat = 0.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929