DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best SIMPLE editing software recommendations..

Dronage

Reactions
Hi folks..
Would there be any obvious suggestions for a simple editor.?
I want to take a 6 min vid, cut about half of it out, then put some music on top.
I know i know...some things in life i get very easily...other stuff i can't tell up from down..!
Cheers ..!!

Reactions: W3HOG and CJH92474
You can find some other commonly used editors here.

Reactions: W3HOG and Dronage
Hi..
Can i use Go4 with files to edit.?
I cant use it to fly given that the Dual will only work with the 'fun features extracted' Pilot app...
(I get crosser about that every day...!)

depending how powerful your laptop is.....try DaVinchi Resolve 15 which is free or Wondershare Filmora which is not

In any case make sure your laptop can handle 1080p/4K processing.

Many many thanks friends..
I ended up buying Adobe Premeire Elements to edit my video on a Windows 10 Laptop. I tested others during trial periods and although there were some that I found the interface more intuitive, the rendered output was not as good as the Adobe. Some were down right awful with a lot of artifacts. The Adobe will set you back $99 but you own it so it's not an annual charge. I also use Lightroom and Photoshop CC. Lightroom can't edit video and Photoshop has limited editing options and pretty complex. Also, Adobe allows you to adjust the color, exposure, and many other corrections that ill be applied to the entire clip.

You could look at Pinnacle Studio 20 I got it for $20 on clearance locally. The newer version is Studio 22. Adobe Premier is probably the best but has a large learning curve over others mentioned. I hear a lot of good things about the free DaVinci.

Reactions: Dronage
Let me preface this with... I'm old, retired and not very computer savvy. I recorded my first 8.5 minute video yesterday with my MPP drone. Tried to edit it on my macbook air using imovie and could not figure out how to clip sections out, gave up after 30 mins of frustration. Just moving through the film was tough cause it seems to be so condensed, how can I see a few seconds at a time? The slider moves so quickly through it film I couldn't pick it out. I also watched a couple of instructional YouTube videos on imovie but it didn't help me. Anyone have any constructive advice?

Reactions: Dronage
Let me preface this with... I'm old, retired and not very computer savvy. I recorded my first 8.5 minute video yesterday with my MPP drone. Tried to edit it on my macbook air using imovie and could not figure out how to clip sections out, gave up after 30 mins of frustration. Just moving through the film was tough cause it seems to be so condensed, how can I see a few seconds at a time? The slider moves so quickly through it film I couldn't pick it out. I also watched a couple of in structional YouTube videos on imovie but it didn't help me. Anyone have any constructive advice?
Mike, Unfortunately, probably every video editor you try will be different for the others although they accomplish the same thing. Yes, they are pretty easy to use once you get past the learning curve and that s the difficult part.

Soooo many hours spent doing just that Mike..! I realised my mistake a few answers in...i shouldn't have asked for the 'Best'..but rather, the 'Simplest'....
I think it's the matrix...testing my approach to older age...become a brain surgeon, cure all cancers, edit an 8 minute video...
...if you do succeed at say, the editing option, there is, apparently, an mechanism whereby you can actually send the completed video to yours mates phone.. !!
..personally i dont believe it..

Let me preface this with... I'm old, retired and not very computer savvy. I recorded my first 8.5 minute video yesterday with my MPP drone. Tried to edit it on my macbook air using imovie and could not figure out how to clip sections out, gave up after 30 mins of frustration. Just moving through the film was tough cause it seems to be so condensed, how can I see a few seconds at a time? The slider moves so quickly through it film I couldn't pick it out. I also watched a couple of instructional YouTube videos on imovie but it didn't help me. Anyone have any constructive advice?

Mike stick with iMovie it’s your best option and free. Look up some YouTube videos on iMovie basics. There’s a slider that increased the size of each clip so they aren’t so condensed and you can right click a clip and choose “precision editor” to get down and edit a few frames at a time.

Soooo many hours spent doing just that Mike..! I realised my mistake a few answers in...i shouldn't have asked for the 'Best'..but rather, the 'Simplest'....
I think it's the matrix...testing my approach to older age...become a brain surgeon, cure all cancers, edit an 8 minute video...
...if you do succeed at say, the editing option, there is, apparently, an mechanism whereby you can actually send the completed video to yours mates phone.. !!
..personally i dont believe it..

Hey Gav the best way to share videos with your friends is to make a YouTube account and upload your videos to you tube.

When you want to share your video with a friend just send them a link to your video like this! I made this little guy in iMovie myself

Fantastic.! Yes, that's the kinda thing, isn't it Mike.?!
Ok...so..a youtube channel..thats ok, i think I've got one already..then i could upload the raw files even that are too big for say, this forum.,?
Honestly, Brett, it's 1+1=2, 2+2=4 over here with this stuff...

Reactions: brett8883
Fantastic.! Yes, that's the kinda thing, isn't it Mike.?!
Ok...so..a youtube channel..thats ok, i think I've got one already..then i could upload the raw files even that are too big for say, this forum.,?
Honestly, Brett, it's 1+1=2, 2+2=4 over here with this stuff...

Exactly! Video files are BIG so instead of sending the raw files to your friends directly you upload them to YouTube where google will store them on their server for you and then other people will be able to view them without having to download the whole video! That’s what was so special about youtube when it came out. It’s a “streaming” service.

Hey Mike this guy does a pretty good job of walking you through the basics and he goes over the expanding the video so it’s easier to edit at approximately 1:25.

He shows you how to make a free form video but should try making a trailer from one of the templates in iMovie. It’s an easy way to get started quickly making professional looking trailers. I made of ton of these, one for every genre. This one is a spoof on a National Geographic documentary or something. I’m pretty sure its the Band of Brother theme song even lol.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143