DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Software for Editing Footage?

MikeN

Reactions
Hello everyone, hope you're having a good day!

I have amassed quite a bit of footage from my Mavic (which I love!) and wanted to delve into editing.
Do you have any specific software you recommend? What's its pros and cons?
Thank you in advance, any help is much appreciated :)

I use ShotCut, totally free ware with full 4k editing and no optional add ons or costs. Plenty of youtube tutorials too.

Reactions: DannyMac
I was using Adobe Premiere elements and looked at many of them a while ago. I settled on Cyberlink Director Suite 5 as it was low cost by comparison and very powerful. I do find however it to be a little clunky in that for full colour grading/correction you need to switch out of PowerDirector to ColorDirector. Very easy to use though.

I'm using Wondershare's Filmora. Basically another alternative to what SeaComms listed above. Very versatile product with lots of tutorials and it's completely free unless you want to buy additional add-ons.

I was using Adobe Premiere elements and looked at many of them a while ago. I settled on Cyberlink Director Suite 5 as it was low cost by comparison and very powerful. I do find however it to be a little clunky in that for full colour grading/correction you need to switch out of PowerDirector to ColorDirector. Very easy to use though.

Hmm, sounds good! Thank you for your answer, I can't seem to find fixed pricing for the Suite online, how much does it cost?

I'm using Wondershare's Filmora. Basically another alternative to what SeaComms listed above. Very versatile product with lots of tutorials and it's completely free unless you want to buy additional add-ons.

I messed a bit with Filmora a while back, I remember that it leaves a watermark on your videos, doesn't it?

Hmm, sounds good! Thank you for your answer, I can't seem to find fixed pricing for the Suite online, how much does it cost?

I paid $170AUD for Director Suite 5. Well worth giving DiVinci Resolve a try too as I was very impressed. No definitive answer on which is best really, its about what you feel is best suited to your needs/wants.

I paid $170AUD for Director Suite 5. Well worth giving DiVinci Resolve a try too as I was very impressed. No definitive answer on which is best really, its about what you feel is best suited to your needs/wants.

Very reasonable pricing, thank you for your input! :)

I'd like to edit and share my footage to social media on the fly.....is there a way to do that? I find the footage on saved to my phone is downscaled althought I shoot in 2.7k or 4k.

Definitely try Resolve 14. The free version has most of the features you need to start. It requires a beefier system to work great, compared to Premiere, and also lacks some of the output options Premiere have. I´m also using StaxRip to reencode to H265 using the Nvidia codec after exporting from Resolve and it works great.

I'd like to edit and share my footage to social media on the fly.....is there a way to do that? I find the footage on saved to my phone is downscaled although I shoot in 2.7k or 4k.

Streaming video on the "fly' consumes a lot of bandwidth and processing power. Hence why you are only able to live stream at (I think 720p) from either Go4 or Litchi, etc.

--

As for which software is best for editing, there really is no best software for editing video, there are however several great software tools to help you edit videos.

Which one is best for you is subjective, so try a few out.

The one that is best for you is the one that you feel comfortable using, to produce the results you want, quickly.

I have tried several, Premiere, Da Vinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, etc

I prefer linear editors such as Premiere and Final Cut as opposed to Node Editors like Da Vinci which brings a whole new learning curve.

My tool of choice for ease of use, speed and features is currently Final Cut Pro X, couple with After Effects, again for the insane amount of features it offers and for both the vast amount of help/tutorials, etc available on the net, youtube, et al.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7