DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best solution to charge 4 batteries while traveling

lomposlapos

Reactions
What is the best solution (reliable, yet small and lightweight) to charge four (4) Mavic 2 Pro batteries in a emote trip?

We have (sometimes) cars, car batteries, solar chargers, electric outlet to draw power from. is there anything that is more compact or portable than:

Thank you.

While the DJI charging hub makes it more convenient to charge multiple batteries, the batteries are only charged one at a time. If you're looking to pack light, you could use the DJI charger or DJI car charger by itself.

For charging in the car, the SunnyLife car charger would be a good option to consider. It can charge two batteries at the same time.

If you want to see what else is available, I keep a list of commonly used Mavic 2 battery chargers here.

In the car I use rcgeek multicharger (the white one) connected to a power inverter that can actually supply the amps (MOST CAN'T).
I have become real good a replacing fuses... You'll need those if you're going to be charging 4 batteries at a time.
I'm thinking of getting a big 4lb 42,000mah power bank that supports 200w for this purpose and other things... Sometimes I need that power on the go (in a backpack) and can't sit around in the car for a hour.

Thank you, very useful!
Any suggestion for charger option that works from both, car and regular wall 110/220 electric outlet (so I do not have to take two separate chargers)?

Thank you, very useful!
Any suggestion for charger option that works from both, car and regular wall 110/220 electric outlet (so I do not have to take two separate chargers)?
If you own the charger from your original post, you can plug it into this:

If you simply need to charge on the road, then either get an inverter, or the DJI 12V adapter. I vote for the inverter. You don't need to get a very large size. I just confirmed this by using my Kill-A-Watt meter to measure the power consumed by the standard wall charger. I used one battery that was at 80% and another at about 50%, and after letting the charger figure out how much voltage and current to deliver, it settled down consuming about 70 watts. So, any garden-variety 120 watt inverter will work. You can get these for under $50.

If you want to charge more than one battery at once, then the DJI unit that lets you plug in four at once will be of no use because, as already pointed out, it charges the batteries one at a time. I personally find this unit to be useless for anything other than charging all your batteries while you sleep.

I assume that you can get some sort of system that will charge them all at once, but with anything more than two you will need to have a pretty beefy inverter, and the whole setup will not be compact, lightweight, and all the other things you want.

So, get a cheap inverter and see how that goes.

Oh yes, if you want something to recharge the batteries when you are completely away from AC or car power, get a big LiON "jump start" battery. You can get these for amazingly low prices. If you get one with 8,000 mAh capacity, it should be able to recharge 2-4 batteries, depending on how far depleted your Mavic 2 battery has become.

I've got this car charger from Amazon, but the brand was Fstop Labs for $19.99 instead. Charges 2 batteries & controller, supposedly simultaneously in about an hour.

Fstop Labs
Car Battery Charger Accessories for Use with DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Zoom,Triple Output (USB + 2 x Battery) with Safety Cover, Dual Battery Parallel Charger

While the DJI charging hub makes it more convenient to charge multiple batteries, the batteries are only charged one at a time. If you're looking to pack light, you could use the DJI charger or DJI car charger by itself.

For charging in the car, the SunnyLife car charger would be a good option to consider. It can charge two batteries at the same time.

View attachment 75683

If you want to see what else is available, I keep a list of commonly used Mavic 2 battery chargers here.

When I have AC power available, I use this charger that does 3 batteries in 60 minutes, plus has 2 USB ports for charging the controller & tablet / cellphone simultaneously.

What is the best solution (reliable, yet small and lightweight) to charge four (4) Mavic 2 Pro batteries in a emote trip?

We have (sometimes) cars, car batteries, solar chargers, electric outlet to draw power from. is there anything that is more compact or portable than:

Thank you.

Reactions: janelewbill
I've got this car charger from Amazon, but the brand was Fstop Labs for $19.99 instead. Charges 2 batteries & controller, supposedly simultaneously in about an hour.

Those SunnyLife / Fstop Labs car chargers are rated at 17.6 volts @ 2 amps. The DJI car charger is rated at 17.6 volts @ 4.54 amps. The DJI wall charger is rated at 17.6 volts @ 3.41 amps. So with less than 60% the power of the DJI wall charger, there is no way the SunnyLife / Fstop will charge two batteries in an hour. If the DJI wall charger takes 90 minutes, the SunnyLife / Fstop will take 150 minutes.

Perhaps if you only attach one battery, it might put 2x2=4 amps into charging one battery, but that would still be less than the DJI car charger. Based on the stated capacities, the DJI car charger is faster at charging two batteries than the SunnyLife / Fstop, though obviously you would need to be there to plug in the 2nd battery.

Thank you.
I use this device from Bestek, it will charge my M2P batteries in no time and everything else I need on an extended road trip.
757611560807719575.png

Reactions: BobDoLe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji