DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best tablet

Hello my fellow pilots i was wondering what be the best tablet to fly a mavic pro
If iPad Mini, you’ll want a minimum of iPad Mini 4, but the newest iPad Mini 5 would give the best performance of DJI Go 4. WiFi-only is okay if you’re able to tether your mobile phone’s Internet access to the iPad Mini, or just cache the local map at home ahead of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peiper44
Any iPad is best

For iPad Mini, you’ll want a minimum of iPad Mini 4, but the newest iPad Mini 5 would give the best performance of DJI Go 4. WiFi-only is okay if you’re able to tether your mobile phone’s Internet access to the iPad Mini.

New pilot and Mavic Mini owner here. Why do you need Internet access on the iPad? Won't GPS be OK?

New pilot and Mavic Mini owner here. Why do you need Internet access on the iPad? Won't GPS be OK?
Internet access, before or during flying, would let you cache the local map or have it live. Either way works fine, but once I have the local map, I usually fly with my iPad in Airplane Mode, to prevent any inbound text messages, app notifications or phone calls.

I once drove to a new flying area and launched, without a cached map, which felt like something was missing with a blank box in the corner. Of course the main video feed helped me to fly back to homepoint, but I still depend on maps to understand terrain, buildings and other potential obstacles.

Reactions: KB4MTO and Peiper44
Hello my fellow pilots i was wondering what be the best tablet to fly a mavic pro
Unless you are addicted to Kool Aid, any modern Android, (32 or 64 bit), will do. I am happy with the 8" Samsung Tab that I got at Costco for <$200 Cdn. You may notice that the Kool Aid addicts didn't read, "Mavic Pro."

Asking "what is the best" is fraught with danger here.
You should find a tablet you like, then ask if it will work.
There is no non-subjective "best".

Unless you are addicted to Kool Aid, any modern Android, (32 or 64 bit), will do. I am happy with the 8" Samsung Tab that I got at Costco for <$200 Cdn. You may notice that the Kool Aid addicts didn't read, "Mavic Pro."

Please enlighten me, what's a "Kool Aid addict?"

• Haha
Reactions: pelagic_one
Internet access, before or during flying, would let you cache the local map or have it live. Either way works fine, but once I have the local map, I usually fly with my iPad in Airplane Mode, to prevent any inbound text messages, app notifications or phone calls.

I once drove to a new flying area and launched, without a cached map, which felt like something was missing with a blank box in the corner. Of course the main video feed helped me to fly back to homepoint, but I still depend on maps to understand terrain, buildings and other potential obstacles.

Thanks for the answer. Today I flew my 4th flight on my MM and used the map for the first time, so I can see why that would be important.

Thanks again!

Kool Aid Addict = Apple fan. Call them whatever you want. I personally use an iPad mini 2 with zero issues. I also have an Amazon Fire HD 8 with zero issues other than the app version is three versions old. Never versions would not launch app.

Kool Aid Addict = Apple fan. Call them whatever you want. I personally use an iPad mini 2 with zero issues. I also have an Amazon Fire HD 8 with zero issues other than the app version is three versions old. Never versions would not launch app.

This is probably a bit off the topic but I had a Dell PC for hundreds of years and had nothing but troubles. Constantly calling my computer guy to come to the house and fix something.Usually $100 each visit. After so many years I finally said "xxxx it" and dumped the Dell PC and got an Apple iMAC. What a beautiful piece of machinery. I loooove my Apple iMAC and 27 inch screen. Irv is powerful enough to not have to use proxies in Adobe Premiere, runs huge files quickly like LRTimelapse which used to take 25 minutes on a PC and now 5 or less minutes on a MAC. I will never look back at the PC. So when I picked my phone, iPAD, tablet, whatever, it all works together in the cloud. It handles Photoshop and other graphic programs with ease (After Effects, Lightroom, etc.) and I rarely if ever call a technician anymore. I just call Apple Care for free support.

Sorry for the Apple Rant.

I just call Apple Care for free support
If you paid for Apple hardware and software, you already paid for support ;)
I have been happy with the PC world and the flexibility and price/performance choices it offers. I am using an Intel NUC with a Core I7, 32 GB, 3 TB SSD. Absolutely no problems. I also use a Samsung Note 10+ for a phone. I consider it the equal of any phone Apple makes. Each of us has our own experiences.

COSTCO had a special sale on the Samsung Tab-A 8" and I bought it, unfortunately it doesn't work with the MA2, Everything shows (this is with DJI 1.1.10) except the camera view, I tried everything and just a blank screen. After doing some searches, I found the problem is with the tablet. No biggie as I do have the 90 days to return but $89.00 was cheaper than any other place. :rolleyes:

COSTCO had a special sale on the Samsung Tab-A 8" and I bought it, unfortunately it doesn't work with the MA2, Everything shows (this is with DJI 1.1.10) except the camera view, I tried everything and just a blank screen. After doing some searches, I found the problem is with the tablet. No biggie as I do have the 90 days to return but $89.00 was cheaper than any other place. :rolleyes:
T-290? The T-290 woks with DJI FLY. Has nothing to do with the drone. You may have some other issue. $89 - WOW

Reactions: KB4MTO
T-290? The T-290 woks with DJI FLY. Has nothing to do with the drone. You may have some other issue. $89 - WOW
Hi Carey, it does works, just the camera view is blank and like I said, other people were having the same issues and most of them gave up and went to another tablet. Attached is the picture of the label. As soon as I changed to my Samsung S9 Note, it worked as before, no issues. If someone knows how to fix this, it will be great, as I really enjoy the bigger size and the price. :)

Attachments

• SamTab.jpg
    SamTab.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 4
I currently use an ipad air but after seeing and reading reviews
i'm saving my hard earned for the Tripltek 7, at 1200 nits brightness
and £480 it got my attention.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo