DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Tablets For Mavic Pro?

BillyDrone

Reactions
Hello everyone, I hope your having a great day.....
I have a question?
My eye are not what they used to be soo I am looking for a good tablet to fly my drone...
What are some of the best tablets in 2020 to fly my Mavic Pro with good processor speed?
I am not sure what kind of specs. to look for in a tablet for my Mavic Pro...
Thanks for your help guys & gals.

I've had good luck with the Samsung Tab Active2. It's not the cheapest tablet, but the screen is very bright outside.

Hello everyone, I hope your having a great day.....
I have a question?
My eye are not what they used to be soo I am looking for a good tablet to fly my drone...
What are some of the best tablets in 2020 to fly my Mavic Pro with good processor speed?
I am not sure what kind of specs. to look for in a tablet for my Mavic Pro...
Thanks for your help guys & gals.

iPad mini 5. All day long.

I picked up a Lenovo Tab 4 plus 10.1 earlier this year, it's proven very reliable with my Mavic 2 Pro, the screen is surprisingly bright and it has no issues running Go4.

The biggest hurdle has been finding a solid tablet holder for it.

Thanks guys...
Is IOS and different than Android with the DJI Go 4 .app or do they work the same way?
I am not sure whether to go with IOS or Android.

Thanks guys...
Is IOS and different than Android with the DJI Go 4 .app or do they work the same way?
I am not sure whether to go with IOS or Android.

DJI Go4 is the same on both operating systems.
I'd go with an IOS tablet, e.g secondhand Ipad Mini 4
Android devices drain the remote controller battery as they charge off it, IOS device don't do this.

DJI Go4 is the same on both operating systems.
I'd go with an IOS tablet, e.g secondhand Ipad Mini 4
Android devices drain the remote controller battery as they charge off it, IOS device don't do this.
You are absolutely right about that......I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 plus and when I connect it to my remote it charges and drains the battery...

I bought a refurbished iPad Mini 4 tablet, use it with both my Mavic Pro and my Spark. I've been very pleased with the performance and with its screen resolution and brightness outdoors.

I bought a refurbished iPad Mini 4 tablet, use it with both my Mavic Pro and my Spark. I've been very pleased with the performance and with its screen resolution and brightness outdoors.
Thats good to know about the brightness & screen resolution outdoors... On many devices its hard to see your screen on a sunny day outdoors....
I think I am gonna go with the iPad mini.

Reactions: cadbob
I have had my Mavic Pro for a while now...I don't really fly it that much in fear of losing it...
I have seen lots of YouTube videos of guys flying their drones and the drones never coming back as if their drone had a mind of its own and had other plans to fly somewhere else other than back to its owner lol.
There is a lot to know about drone flying...
I am trying to get myself as familiar as I can with the Go 4 app and all the other controls of the remote and my drone because drone aren't cheap and I would hate to lose her.
But if one day my drone wants to be a **** and fly's away from me with all the other drones that got away from their owners would be a very sad day.
If you love something, let it fly away.....If it comes back its yours...
Have a good day flying your drones everyone!

Reactions: Peek Performance
I have had my Mavic Pro for a while now...I don't really fly it that much in fear of losing it...
I have seen lots of YouTube videos of guys flying their drones and the drones never coming back as if their drone had a mind of its own and had other plans to fly somewhere else other than back to its owner lol.
There is a lot to know about drone flying...
I am trying to get myself as familiar as I can with the Go 4 app and all the other controls of the remote and my drone because drone aren't cheap and I would hate to lose her.
But if one day my drone wants to be a **** and fly's away from me with all the other drones that got away from their owners would be a very sad day.
If you love something, let it fly away.....If it comes back its yours...
Have a good day flying your drones everyone!

Don’t worry use your drone everyday. WEATHER PERMITTING. Life’s too short. You bought it use it. It will not fly away.

The iPad Mini 5 is 500 nits, I use an iPad 11 Pro that is 600 nits and plenty processing power for video editing. However is expensive.

I upgraded to the Ipad Mini 5 for my M2P. I also use a screen shroud to block the sun. Works great!

I have an ipad mini 4 and 5, and dont notice a huge difference between them. My work ipad is a 11.9 pro, and though it was a battle to find a clamp big enough i now have one, and its superb, though really large and unwieldy, so not ideal unless i am at a picnik bench or similar, though the detail is superb. My go to is the ipad mini 5, with a sun shield. My pal has a ipad mini 4 and an ipad air. The Air has all the advantages and disadvantages the pro has, so i would go for a 32gn non wifi mini 5 every time. I am yet to find a disadvantage to them, other than the cost. Loads of eBay deals about though

Regarding iPads, what are your thoughts on a WiFi only vs WiFi+Cellular model? I have no interest in using the Cellular capabilities when flying, but those models have a built in GPS that is supposed to improve location capabilities. The WiFi only models do not have built in GPS. I have an older iPad Pro 9.7 inch with WiFI + Cellular, but I would prefer a smaller iPad Mini at some point. Even with the GPS in my iPad Pro the ability to set the home point to the location of the iPad does not work anyway, as it says the GPS signal in not strong enough (DJI Go 4 app bug that has been around for a long time?), so is there any advantage to having the WifI+Cellular model vs the WiFI only model of iPads?

I have the Wi-Fi + Celular model and I have no problem setting the home point.

Also the fly logs are automatically uploaded to Airdata using litchi and other apps.

Just to be clear. You mean you are able to set a new home point to where the RC / iPad is located, rather than where you took off from?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters