DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Value Safe Case for Aussies

Wayno1

Reactions
I had ordered the Nanuk 920 case from Drone-works at around $180 delivered but am cancelling my order. Got this Craftright Safe Case from Bunnings today and it's friggin awesome. Solid as a rock and has plenty of room for absolutely all your gear. Cost $49 which is a bargain!!!
They even have a bigger one than this if you need a bigger one but this should be plenty. It has a bottom solid layer of foam about 1.5" thick, then pick and pluck square foam block about 3" thick then the eggshell layer in lid.
It's dust proof, waterproof, has air vent and is listed as quake prrof!!! It is lockable, has a very strong handle/hinges/locking levers and it probably weighs about 3.2kg. Highly recommend checking out this case as it is cheaper than the Toolpro ones in SuperCheap.

Here's the link, there's a video too
Craftright 465 x 360 x 175mm Safe Case

And the larger one:
Craftright 515 x 435 x 225mm Large Safe Case

1520049047304.jpg1520049055850.jpg1520049065592.jpg1520049073215.jpg1520049079628.jpg

Yeah they are good mate. I've got the bigger Toolpro one for my sdc2300.20180303_141053[1].jpg

Thats what I have for my Mavic @kakao The clasps break. They sent me new ones that only lasted a week. I ended up gluing them and drilling 4 small holes and putting cable ties in.

i got this on ebay for AU$30. Its full of stiff styrene foam, and zips up so it would be dust and waterproof, until it sinks of course.

I had to find a trade off for being portable, small and light and being sturdy. This one is far better than the pack that you get from DJI. Top there is room for ipad mini, cables and a box of ND filters...

Would i buy it again? hell yes. If I bought an inspire i'd get a full pelican case.
hrOQa7

i got this on ebay for AU$30. Its full of stiff styrene foam, and zips up so it would be dust and waterproof, until it sinks of course.

I had to find a trade off for being portable, small and light and being sturdy. This one is far better than the pack that you get from DJI. Top there is room for ipad mini, cables and a box of ND filters...

Would i buy it again? **** yes. If I bought an inspire i'd get a full pelican case.
hrOQa7
Image not showing

yeah i know, was uploading it to the forum to get around this.
Yeah, I have a very similar looking case slightly different layout. Great for portability but I wanted something bigger to fit a full size ipad, standard charger, car charger, tablet mount, no filters, props etc and then some. Still trying to organise my case layout and cut foam to suit. Will attack it tonight

Reactions: flight_tee
thats pretty poor - it might look like a pelican case but it sure isnt prelican quality. inventive fix tho.
Thats what I have for my Mavic @kakao The clasps break. They sent me new ones that only lasted a week. I ended up gluing them and drilling 4 small holes and putting cable ties in.

Well so far this Craftright case from burnings looks the goods. It seems solid as a rock, I guess time will tell but at $49 I'm more than happy with it

least bunnings you can take it back - ebay its cheaper to chuck it out than post it back to china

Hey How’s it going.
Pretty sure I got the same exact case as you.
Check my post number 16 in the link

Custom foam for pelican case

I would recommend once you have everything in its final location to unload about 6 coats of black plasti dip over the foam.
It makes it more uniform looking and makes it much more durable.
Heaps of vids on YouTube.

Reactions: Simmo
IMG_20180304_0944596.jpg
Hey How’s it going.
Pretty sure I got the same exact case as you.
Check my post number 16 in the link

I would recommend once you have everything in its final location to unload about 6 coats of black plasti dip over the foam.
It makes it more uniform looking and makes it much more durable.
Heaps of vids on YouTube.
Awesome tip. Do you spray just the top or all inside the cut-uts too? Will it come off, as in flake away?
I spent a couple of hours last night cutting out everything and I think it is pretty good so far, I actually used the piece of foam that came in Mavic box to hold the Mavic itself and then the pick n pluck foam everywhere else. Ipad just sits on r/h/s and is held firmly in place by the piece of eggshell foam in lid

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N