DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best video settings using LUTs and D-Log

mouseykins

Reactions
I've resisted using the D-Log profile on the Mavic Pro for a while now, fearing the flat profile it creates would create too much work in color correction and grading in post production. But having tried the Ground Control D-Log LUT I'm convinced! Simply apply the LUT, make minor adjustments as needed, and the result is color grading that far exceeds the Normal color profile with little extra effort.

I put together a brief video showing these steps. Anybody else using this LUT?

I use this quite a bit, you can leave sharpening on ero for less risk of watercolour effect in lower light
I also leave contrast and saturation on zero but use the LUT at 50% or less.

I've resisted using the D-Log profile on the Mavic Pro for a while now, fearing the flat profile it creates would create too much work in color correction and grading in post production. But having tried the Ground Control D-Log LUT I'm convinced! Simply apply the LUT, make minor adjustments as needed, and the result is color grading that far exceeds the Normal color profile with little extra effort.

Which particular Ground Control LUT did you use for this? And what were your camera settings?

You need to do a comparison with d-cinelike or even standard mode to convince us.

There are good theoretical reasons fro assuming that d-log a low bit rate camera is of no use whatsoever.

Reactions: koenktm
You need to do a comparison with d-cinelike or even standard mode to convince us.

There are good theoretical reasons fro assuming that d-log a low bit rate camera is of no use whatsoever.

I am curious about this to. I've read that you are pretty much throwing away data in d-log.

The "settings" are profiles for the Neat post-processing editor product. If you don't use this (I use Premiere Pro, many here use Final Cut), they're not usable anyway.

Hi I am trying to figure out how to film the best pro quality videos with my mavic. I filmed in D-Log and then used the ground control LUT but this adds a lot of noise to the video. Can anyone help me please.

Thanks, I also use the same Luts they’re great but I found +1, -3, -3 works a bit better by bringing a bit more details.

Reactions: johnsctt78

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123