DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Video Settings without any ND Filters

RedDevils88

Reactions
Good day people, i just received my Mavic 2 days ago and i gotta say i am so in love with it. this is my first ever drone and the moment i put it up the air, i am hooked!

Alright enough of the intro, I tried to shoot some videos for the past 2 days but as a noob, the videos looked terrible. i tried to look for video tutorials on youtube and forums for the best video cinematic settings and have seen 95% of the videos provided best settings with an ND filter.

I am not looking to invest into any filters just yet, i might pull the trigger after i have improved my photography skills in the future.

Any help here on video settings without the use of any ND filters is highly appreciated!

Sorry for my English.

I've shot without ND filters for the last....almost year, starting with P3S, the P3P, now MP. If allowed to post links, I would point you to my website where you can some of these videos. I think they're quite okay. That being said, I just bought a set of ND filters. For video, the idea is to have the shutter speed at about twice the frame speed; so, if frame rate speed is 30, you want your shutter speed at 60, which is 1/60th of a second. At mid day, that could require the highest level ND filter, which is 64, which I think is about 5 stops of light. The thing with the MP is it has a fixed aperture. The P4P can shoot wide open at f/2.8 or stopped down to f/11. That makes it a lot easier to slow the shutter speed down to 1/60. Not so with the MP, aperture is wide open, letting in a lot of light, even through that teeny lens. I got the ND set that does have an ND64 filter. I'll be exploring and experimenting with them over the next many weeks; may come to find my previous videos are junk....:)

Reactions: Chadnovz
I did video for a while with out filters but as you say, washed out to bright,I wouldnt even use that video now, I'm no photographer but I bought one filter and have left it on and I believe it makes all the difference,my opinion buy one.

Is there any reason to use filters with stills?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird