DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way for participating in different threads across multiple sub-forums?

kloogee

Reactions
Hi All,

I'm looking for a bit of help here....

I'm interested in participating more in this forum, but I'm interested in many topics across many different devices and accessories. For me, I find it very difficult to really get in and read everything and properly participate in discussions across a wide variety of topics because I have to click through 83 different sub-forums. Because of this, I find myself wandering away to another site instead of staying here to participate.

I'm not trying to complain about this, but I'm really looking for advice on how you guys participate across so many sub-forums... Are you clicking into each forum separately to be able to read and participate? Or are you using a feature of the forum software, such as "New posts" or similar to be able to stay on top of everything?

Again, not trying to complain, just trying to find a way for me to be able to better participate.

Thanks,
David

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I think the dividing up of topics as has been done makes it easier to stay on top of what i find of interest. If i have time to browse theni just look through the various forums, but if i want some more targeted information, then its pretty easy and intuitive to find what i want.

Imagine trying to stay up to date if all of this content was dumped in one folder. There would be a tonne of new content continuously appearing at top of page push older content out of sight far quicker than happens now.

I’m in all the forums and scan all , the threads or sections
I want to keep up with I watch and when someone post
you get a flag and just go to it. Now I’m not on the app
but works for me. You just have to spend a lot of time on
and helps if you are a speed reader.

For me (as a newbie) I love the setup. I read the 'New Thread' feed to the right for new content. If I see something I like I dive in. If nothing (it's only 5 threads long), then I dive into the 'General Forum' and read the thread titles. If something peaks my interest then I dive in and read ALL the comments before I dive in. Dirkclod is right; you have to be (somewhat) of a fast reader. . . .

I think the dividing up of topics as has been done makes it easier to stay on top of what i find of interest. If i have time to browse theni just look through the various forums, but if i want some more targeted information, then its pretty easy and intuitive to find what i want.

Imagine trying to stay up to date if all of this content was dumped in one folder. There would be a tonne of new content continuously appearing at top of page push older content out of sight far quicker than happens now.

Yep, I completely get why it is separated out into separate sub-forums. Not everybody is as interested in as many different topics as I am. That works well for them. Just checking to see if anybody else has a different strategy for staying up across a bunch of different sub-forums without having to click through them all.

:eek: haha. please excuse my for laughing, not trying to be mean. But this is really a "first world" problem. Having to move the mouse a little and click that button can be frustrating. :)

For me (as a newbie) I love the setup. I read the 'New Thread' feed to the right for new content. If I see something I like I dive in. If nothing (it's only 5 threads long), then I dive into the 'General Forum' and read the thread titles. If something peaks my interest then I dive in and read ALL the comments before I dive in. Dirkclog is right; you have to be (somewhat) of a fast reader. . . .

Yep, lots of scanning and reading! Just trying to get ideas for if others have found a way to make it more efficient so that they are reading/participating more and navigating less....

If I want to keep up with the entire ecosystem around the Mavic 2, I need to go click into all of the following different sub-forums.
That's just keeping an eye on the Mavic 2 ecosystem.

:eek: haha. please excuse my for laughing, not trying to be mean. But this is really a "first world" problem. Having to move the mouse a little and click that button can be frustrating. :)

Yes indeed! Glad I could entertain you for a few seconds and distract you from your third world problems. ;)

• Haha
Also kloogee I'm not sure if you receive 'push notifications' but every morning I get an email of the previous day's top threads in all the forums combined. That will definitely help. For me . . . it's not the forums and sub forums but the title of the posts that make me click on them. Push notifications help tremendously.

Reactions: kloogee
Thanks for that! I get a weekly one, but not a daily one. I'll check into it.

Ok @kloohee it’s very easy.
When you log on, click the New Post button.
Read to where ever that first time, then click Mark all forums read, before leaving.
Next time you come on, click new posts and up come ALL the new posts since last visit.
If you come on once a day there’ll be maybe 100 or so to skim through the subjects and just click on the ones you want to read.
After browsing just click Mark all posts read again and repeat.

Reactions: kloogee
Ok @kloohee it’s very easy.
When you log on, click the New Post button.
Read to where ever that first time, then click Mark all forums read, before leaving.
Next time you come on, click new posts and up come ALL the new posts since last visit.
If you come on once a day there’ll be maybe 100 or so to skim through the subjects and just click on the ones you want to read.
After browsing just click Mark all posts read again and repeat.

Thanks for sharing your method! I'll have to give it a go!

Hi All,

I'm looking for a bit of help here....

I'm interested in participating more in this forum, but I'm interested in many topics across many different devices and accessories. For me, I find it very difficult to really get in and read everything and properly participate in discussions across a wide variety of topics because I have to click through 83 different sub-forums. Because of this, I find myself wandering away to another site instead of staying here to participate.

I'm not trying to complain about this, but I'm really looking for advice on how you guys participate across so many sub-forums... Are you clicking into each forum separately to be able to read and participate? Or are you using a feature of the forum software, such as "New posts" or similar to be able to stay on top of everything?

Again, not trying to complain, just trying to find a way for me to be able to better participate.

Thanks,
David

It's generally best to inquire a website that is specifically intended for any (1) interests as this Mavic site. Coming here would only prove intent to n with drones per se. If you're interested in horses go to a horsey site.

It's generally best to inquire a website that is specifically intended for any (1) interests as this Mavic site. Coming here would only prove intent to n with drones per se. If you're interested in horses go to a horsey site.

Sorry, but I don’t have a clue what you are talking about and why you are saying it. Did you read the thread before assuming I’m a complete moron coming here to find out about some random topic that has nothing related to Mavic drones?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121