DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way to order right now?

CaseyKC

Reactions
The Mavic Pro Platinum isn't available for order right now anywhere that I can see, but wondering what my best option is if I want it as soon as possible.
On Amazon I can put in a pre-order, but the DJI site only lets me put an email in address in for notification.

Anyone have a good idea what would be a better idea?

I don't mind ordering from either, although I hear it's easier to deal with Amazon for returns if anything goes wrong.

Thanks!

Anyone have a good idea what would be a better idea?
The Platinums listed on Amazon are sold by Amazon. There's no telling how long it'll take for Amazon to get their own stock in. I'd personally wait until the DJI Store has them in stock since they will probably be shipped before Amazon's stock (if you order as soon as they are available).

October 23rd is when the first batch of drones will be received by people who pre-ordered early September and the second batch as shown by big retailer websites will most likely be shipped mid-late November.,

Ouch, that's a long wait.
But thank you both for the tips and information!

I would not choose a seller based solely upon how soon they can ship. A reputable vendor like Dronenerds for example, is going to provide support after the sale. Amazon will allow returns for out of the box failures, but after that, you're pretty much on your own. They may not sell the insurance either if you're interested in that (but haven't checked though).

Amazon will allow returns for out of the box failures, but after that, you're pretty much on your own.
Amazon has a 30-day return policy (if Amazon ships the order). So, you could really return a Mavic up until 30 days after receiving the Mavic. If you've never returned anything to Amazon, then you're in for a treat. Their return policy is one of the best available today.

As for issues covered under warranty, I don't know how much an authorized DJI dealer is going to help. It seems most are just referring people to DJI for those repairs.

They may not sell the insurance either if you're interested in that (but haven't checked though).
Insurance can also be purchased from the DJI Store. I see packages being sold on Amazon sometimes too (like this one for the Mavic Pro).

Last edited:
Purchase through a reputable, long-established dealer where can obtain service and support. We'll leave you with that and you can decide the rest...;)

Purchase through a reputable, long-established dealer where can obtain service and support. We'll leave you with that and you can decide the rest...;)
I’m interested in purchasing a MPP however, a “no hassle” return policy is extremely important to many, much like what’s referenced above in regards to Amazon. Do you offer a return policy similar to Amazons? This forum is one of the best resources in providing anwswers to its members for both pre sale and post sale issues, most important to me is that an item can be returned for “any” reason and Amazons 30 day window is quite reassuring.

@CCDD, you can find Advexure's return policy here. It includes the following statement:

"Aerial platforms that have been previously flown or show any signs of use will not be accepted."

From what I have read on other sites dealers, even really good ones that do a great, prompt job on repairs to DJI equipment, will not do warranty work. I wish that were not true but I have not seen anything to contradict that. I am visiting a dealer tomorrow near Houston so hope I get more info. It really is a Catch 22 to be dealing with a company that has the best product but worst customer service reputation.

While return policies can be a perk from big box retailers, the right level of purchasing support coupled with a high level of dependable, expert service make for a DJI product experience that is of great benefit to most all operators in the industry and over the years this is the experience we have developed and best been known for in the industry.

For consumer platforms such as the Mavic, folks do enjoy the lenient return policy that Amazon can offer but often are left in the dark when it comes service and support or in some cases, a valid warranty. Through our experience in the industry, we've come to understand that a Return Policy is something that is not a worry for operators who are doing the research on the front end (pre-purchase) and have the right level of support post-purchase.

We fully understand the return policy offering by Amazon and are also very understanding of cases that may fall outside of our policy and warrant a return. At the end of the day, we are human, we do understand, and we are known to provide a high level of service that thousands of people over the years have found to be extremely beneficial when investing in DJI product. Unfortunately our investment in our service level efforts and our DJI relationship doesn't allow for an extremely lenient return policy. If we'd like to be in the business of used (and most often damaged) units coming back after weeks of use, we'd brand ourselves as a drone rental company, unfortunately that is not what Advexure is known to be. :)

If you have not worked with our company previously, feel free to learn more about Advexure's offering. Also read about customer experiences and testimonials at some of the following links: Google Reviews for Advexure, Facebook Reviews for Advexure, Advexure on PhantomPilots.

Should you have any questions don't hesitate to shoot us a PM here on the MP forum, drop us an email, or give us a call. We look forward to working with you. Safe flying.

– The Advexure Team :cool:

Reactions: BigAl07
Personally I buy dam near all of my electronics thru B&H. My last three drones came from them. Not only was their price the best but I got a dud Phantom 3 Pro, I did not have any issues returning it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots