DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way to sell my Mavic 2

SH1591

Reactions
Hello, my Mavic 2 sustained water damage a few years ago, I sent it back for repairs and as it was unfortunately out of warranty it got sent back to me unrepaired.

Since then it has been sat in a box collecting dust and im considering getting a Mavic 3 and getting back into it. Am i best off selling my Mavic 2 as a whole or separating parts? Is trading it in or getting it repaired and selling it in working order a better option?

Thanks in advance

Hello, my Mavic 2 sustained water damage a few years ago, I sent it back for repairs and as it was unfortunately out of warranty it got sent back to me unrepaired.

Since then it has been sat in a box collecting dust and im considering getting a Mavic 3 and getting back into it. Am i best off selling my Mavic 2 as a whole or separating parts? Is trading it in or getting it repaired and selling it in working order a better option?

Thanks in advance
I would advise against separating parts as you really have no way of knowing what works and what doesn't. With water damage, a lot will be bad, and considering it's been a few years, more might be bad. Getting it repaired will probably be quite expensive and therefore, it probably wouldn't be wise financially to repair it and resell it. I'd advise that you just list it on eBay as an auction and whatever it sells for just accept that. I myself purchase, repair, and resell drones and I usually avoid water-damaged ones so don't expect to get all that you put into the drone. If I were you, I'd be happy to come out with even half, but I'd say it'd sell for around $250 depending on if you include whatever came with it, what exactly that constitutes, and how it looks physically. Good luck getting it sold!

Thanks in advance
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

When you sent it in for repair, how much did DJI quote you to repair it?

They said I would have to get a new unit and they were offering me one at a discounted £1k
1k is hardly a discount now. Maybe back then, but certainly not anymore.

They said I would have to get a new unit and they were offering me one at a discounted £1k

Thanks in advance
I'd probably list it on eBay as water damaged drone, list the specs and everything it comes with, and include detailed pictures. I'd start the bid at lowest amount. Get what you get for it. If DJI didn't think it could be repaired and suggested getting it replaced, then I don't think it would amount to much even for parts. Water damage is the worst for electronic parts.

Reactions: BSauce955
The Mavic 2 is now out of production. I doubt you'll be able to get much out of the drone at this point. Parting out the accessories and the drone for parts might be your only option (or of course not do anything). It's unfortunate that you waited so long to do anything, but it is what it is at this point. Make sure you disclose the water damage in your ad.

Good luck!

The Mavic 2 is now out of production. I doubt you'll be able to get much out of the drone at this point. Parting out the accessories and the drone for parts might be your only option (or of course not do anything). It's unfortunate that you waited so long to do anything, but it is what it is at this point. Make sure you disclose the water damage in your ad.

Good luck!
Yeah i agree, i never really thought about it honestly but i cant do anything about that now

Look on ebay and, using the advanced search, look through completed auctions. They sell, sometimes for silly money. On the other hand I bought one that had been in the sea for a couple of days for around £20 and the only useful thing left was the plastic parts. ALL the circuit boards and light metal fixtures had been attacked and in most cases destroyed by corrosion.
Was the water fresh or salt? What action did you take afterwards?
When did you last charge the batteries and controller?
These are things you should make clear to prospective buyers.

Look on ebay and, using the advanced search, look through completed auctions. They sell, sometimes for silly money. On the other hand I bought one that had been in the sea for a couple of days for around £20 and the only useful thing left was the plastic parts. ALL the circuit boards and light metal fixtures had been attacked and in most cases destroyed by corrosion.
Was the water fresh or salt? What action did you take afterwards?
When did you last charge the batteries and controller?
These are things you should make clear to prospective buyers.
freshwater, i thought it would be ok as it was only in for a few seconds and wasnt submerged, took it home and put everything in a bag of rice but it wasn't enough lol

Thanks in advance
Not sure if much beyond the shell is ok but contact Thunderdrones in Duluth Georgia for an opinion.He will give you an honest opinion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent