DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way to view panoramas?

Chuckinay

Reactions
I use the Mavic 2 Pro panorama feature fairly regularly but the only place I've found that can easily display them properly, so you can scroll around the entire undistorted 360-degree view, is Facebook. Are there any other websites or applications that are good for viewing these? Example file attached.

Attachments

• 20220625-125857.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 38
For looking around on your own Windows, Mac, or Linux computer I quite like FSP Viewer (free).

A free/paid web provider is kuula.co. They have a free account that seems good for general display of 360 images, and their virtual tour paid accounts seem very good - I’m a subscriber there.

I’ve also had some fun with Google Street View for 360s and virtual tours, which is also free, but their model & process is a little finicky… or at least I’ve found it difficult to understand.

For those unfamiliar, the panoramas that work with these players are 360x180 degrees, equirectangular projections, with an exact 2:1 aspect ratio.

Reactions: Chuckinay
I use the Mavic 2 Pro panorama feature fairly regularly but the only place I've found that can easily display them properly, so you can scroll around the entire undistorted 360-degree view, is Facebook. Are there any other websites or applications that are good for viewing these? Example file attached.

Google Photos. Free. easy, simple.

I use kuula.co for quick postings with a nice interface for users. For creating code to post on my own web server, I use marzipano.net. Both offer free plans that are quite nice, as well as paid options with more features.

Reactions: Chuckinay and SethB
Download and install the RICOH THETA App then drag and drop files or open with RICOH THETA and go full screen
Full 360 pano files have to be 2:1 ratio but you probably know that.

You might also want to download and install Skyfill to create dummy sky or place a mirror image planet in the sky above your pano.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom