DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware DJI Care Refresh EXPRESS

Budge

Reactions
As some others have experienced, my Mavic Pro just dropped out of the sky one day. It was less than 20 feet away from me when it happened and I never lost signal or video beforehand. The log showed a complete cutout of power. The crash broke the gimbal cable, but the rest seemed fine. I was going to replace the cable myself, but I was worried that I might void my warranty or the DJI Care Refresh program. So I decided to send it in and hope that they covered it under the warranty.

During the online process to return it, I was given the option for Express Service. I chose that option (I mean, why not). Three days later, I get an email that my drone was received, and that a new one has shipped. There was no explanation.

After I received the replacement drone (not new), I called to find out why they didn't do an investigation. They said that I waived that right when I chose the Express service. Express just automatically replaces the drone with no questions. I didn't know that, and it was not explained online during the process.

So be careful when you use the Care Refresh Service.

I thought that was pretty clearly explained in the Care Refresh agreement. If you choose the Express option they automatically bill it against your Care Refresh and don't look to determine if the issue was something covered under their regular warranty, however you should get the replacement sooner since they don't do any type of investigation. Basically if you know it was your fault it makes sense, but if you have some random issue like yours it would be better to not choose the express method and let them do a full investigation. Ultimately they may have determined that your battery was not properly installed or something else tied to user error, so fortunately the most you're out is your $79 replacement cost and you may have saved yourself a lot of time in the process.

-Joe

I thought that was pretty clearly explained in the Care Refresh agreement. If you choose the Express option they automatically bill it against your Care Refresh and don't look to determine if the issue was something covered under their regular warranty, however you should get the replacement sooner since they don't do any type of investigation. Basically if you know it was your fault it makes sense, but if you have some random issue like yours it would be better to not choose the express method and let them do a full investigation. Ultimately they may have determined that your battery was not properly installed or something else tied to user error, so fortunately the most you're out is your $79 replacement cost and you may have saved yourself a lot of time in the process.

-Joe

That very well may be true. But I think that they should put more information about that option during the return process. I started this thread so that others could learn from my mistake. I didn't argue with tech support when I found out. But I asked them to consider making a note online during the process.

Reactions: Award
That very well may be true. But I think that they should put more information about that option during the return process. I started this thread so that others could learn from my mistake. I didn't argue with tech support when I found out. But I asked them to consider making a note online during the process.

So your saying the express service basically makes it a refresh only option and DJI waives their warranty liability. That kind of sucks! I would have preferred if they offered a express service that at least looked at the drone and determined if it was a factory fault and then sent it back without using my refresh. Yes it might take two extra days but its worth it.

Thanks for the warning.

Rob

Hi Budge,

Just out of curiosity, does your case show express type listed anywhere? I just sent in my MP and I could not get them to accelerate the process, but I did check the box that I had DJI Care. My issue was mostly compass related and high noise that started after a very long (3 batteries in a row) flight, but otherwise she flies good. So, I am torn if a replacement or the same MP is preferable. Either case, I did not see the Express option anywhere.

Good luck and I hope it all works out!

Case Type: Repair

I've read from other members on here that they just ask you to write "Express" on the outside of the package separate from the address, so unless you know to ask for it I don't think it's specifically mentioned other than in the agreement. DJI CS definitely leaves a lot to be desired.

-Joe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada