DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware - Fake "DJI Official Store" on Amazon

I deal with Florida Drone Supply. Definite
Official DJI dealer.
;)
I learned my lesson buying a Phantom 4 from a 3rd party seller on ebay. It was broken right out of the box. Seller told me I was stuck with DJIs warranty. I contacted DJI, they told me to return it to the 3rd party seller I got it from. PayPal and eBay buyer protection made this guy take it back and give me full refund. But my money was tied up for 2 weeks in the process.
Never again!!!

Reactions: hasselbrook
H/T to dronedj.com...
A hat tip? Or is this their ploy to get unsuspecting people to visit a DroneDJ page that's chock-full of affiliate links?

The "DJI Official Store." seller is definitely not a scam. When ordering from that seller, the products are shipped directly from the DJI Store. How do I know this? Well, I ordered from them before.

Here's my Mavic Pro order (note the name of the seller):

1.jpg

And here's my FedEx tracking information showing my order being fulfilled directly by the DJI Store:

2.jpg

With that said, I think we should start advising people to beware of DroneDJ. It's quite sad to see so many spammy drone websites on the Internet these days.

Last edited:
A hat tip? Or a ploy to get unsuspecting people to visit DroneDJ's page that's chock-full of affiliate links?

The "DJI Official Store." seller is definitely not a scam. When ordering from that seller, the products are shipped directly from the DJI Store. How do I know this? Well, I ordered from them before.

Here's my Mavic Pro order (note the name of the seller):

View attachment 30030

And here's my FedEx tracking information showing my order being fulfilled directly by the DJI Store:

View attachment 30031

With that said, I think we should start advising people to beware of DroneDJ. It's quite sad to see so many spammy drone websites on the Internet these days.

Aha, so the message about the fake was fake!!! Sorry for the post then...!

No worries. I realize you were just trying to be helpful.

Reactions: ckizer
Anything on Amazon or eBay with the words "Original" or "Official" or "Best" needs to be subject to considerable doubt.

@bump, as does information from unreliable sources on the Internet ;)

Below is a post from DJI's Twitter feed (from back when I ordered my Mavic Pro) telling people to go order from their Amazon store. The DJI Store was down for some reason, so they were recommending people go order from them on Amazon (which is why I purchased there).

Twitter.jpg

A hat tip? Or is this their ploy to get unsuspecting people to visit a DroneDJ page that's chock-full of affiliate links?
Seems to be a lot of his links around here lately...;)

Glad to hear this is Fake News. My MPP FMC was purchased from the DJI Official Store on Amazon last November. :confused:

It looks like the guy behind DroneDJ concluded his investigation. The page has been removed from his website.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ