DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware of buyer scams on eBay

ballerhe75

Reactions
Long story short. If you sell something on
eBay, and you receive the notification of sale from eBay with buyers shipping address; then buyer uses a different email address and requests a change in shipping address, you just lost your sale item AND eBay via PayPay will refund the buyers money. Why, buyer can claim they did not receive the item, claim they did not change the address.

The eBay person I spoke with hinted that this deception occurs.

I know it sounds like the seller should have recourse, but they do not. eBay will be refunding the buyers money. Only through legal means (ie getting the District Attorney involved) and or police.

Live and learn.

Reactions: SirLancelot
Send requesting return receipt. They have to sign to get the package and you have something to prove it was delivered. I do this for any high value item I ship.

Only use paypal and when selling (or buying), when sending the item only use confirmed address on the paypal payment notice. When using paypal for person to person purchases, only pay when invoiced thru paypal to be covered. If you use the "Friends and Family" send money option to avoid the 3% fee you are not covered for anything.

but of course you know this has nothing to do with drones and everything to do with scammers on ebay who know there are victims out there. look, if joe from colorado buys something from you, ship it to colorado. don't pay any attention to an email that says this is joe i'm at my cousin's house in michigan can you ship it here instead? that's your own fault, the rules are clear and have been clear for years...not only on ebay for everything else in life. follow the agreement and you'll be fine. start getting into all kinds of changes after the agreement has been sealed, you're on your own.

i agree there are new folks and excited people who want to buy and sell in the real world and believe everything they see but it's not about whether you think the email is legit or the address is legit or the request is honorable. you cannot ship to any other place besides as agreed. tell joe that's too bad, he'll get his drone when he gets back home to colorado.

nevertheless, thanks for reminding everyone. remember, don't operate outside the system. it's there to protect you. finally, the police will do nothing. if you call the police in either colorado or michigan (and you live in new jersey) they will laugh at you.

Long story short. If you sell something on
eBay, and you receive the notification of sale from eBay with buyers shipping address; then buyer uses a different email address and requests a change in shipping address, you just lost your sale item AND eBay via PayPay will refund the buyers money. Why, buyer can claim they did not receive the item, claim they did not change the address.

The eBay person I spoke with hinted that this deception occurs.

I know it sounds like the seller should have recourse, but they do not. eBay will be refunding the buyers money. Only through legal means (ie getting the District Attorney involved) and or police.

Live and learn.
Yep eBay has gotten dirty now I just lost my computer on eBay trying to get it back it doesn’t look good

Great News. After several communications with eBay customer support, eBay ruled in favor of the buyer. eBay said I did not respond with tracking number and proof of receipt. I called them and said I sent the requested info. Over the phone I gave the tracking number and notification of product delivery. In about three minutes customer support “had good news” the were overriding the decision to rule in favor of the buyer. Yahoo.

you have to realise that ebay and paypal almost always take the side of the buyer. Good for buyers, bad for sellers.
Oh and dont be surprised if paypal locks up your account because you sell too much. A random person might find it "suspicious" and lock your account for weeks or months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50