DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big birds!

Plainsman

Reactions
Just curious, has anyone had their drone attacked by a large hawk or eagle? We have really big Redtails here. Also Goldens and Balds. Goldens will take lambs and small antelope so why not a Mavic? Don't reckon they taste very good though.

Don't reckon they taste very good though.
No, I imagine not. I get hawks where I fly in Southern California. No attacks (yet) but as apex predators they let their presence be known. They have followed me down to ground level just inspecting my bird. She's a canary yellow (my M2P) so I think she's attractive in that aspect . . . I must have gotten too close to her nest. This was just posted just yesterday. . .

I have had them fly close, but never attack. Scared me though. I shot straight up to get out of their way and then landed the drone.

I have been harrased by humming birds. This time of year we have hundreds of Eagles following the salmon spawn in our local rivers. I had planed to go upstream and get som pictures however I decided that it would not be the best of ideas. I would fear the loss of my MA or worse yet the injury of an Eagle.. SLR will do ok , boring, but ok.

Reactions: BigAl07
Here in Spain / Europe we have a very varied fauna and sometimes they are very curious with our drones ... We solve it with vinyl "anti-birds" .. You can see some example in this local distributor ...
https: // www. mavicskins.com/no-birds-allowed/
I guess there will be some in your area ...
No birds allowed

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123