DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big Brother knows you're flying, with DJI's approval

ADS-B transmitter for sUAS probably not far off. The Mavic Enterprise already receives ADS-B from equipped aircraft (Dji AirSense) and displays location in the app.

The problem with remote ID is it will not stop the dummies from breaking the rules, it will just ID them. And then if a drone gets sold, the FAA would have to track down the original owner.

Agreed, you can't fix stupid.

But I think if (when) the FAA implements a remote ID program it will be tied to your registration # (which by then will be AC specific), not the SN.

But I think if (when) the FAA implements a remote ID program it will be tied to your registration # (which by then will be AC specific), not the SN.

Oh boy. That will be really fun. Get DJI in to the mix of storing more information, and then having to transfer it to different aircraft. Even now, when they issue a Refreshed aircraft, half the time they dont update the contract with current information. If the FAA has to inquire from DJI who owns an aircraft, and then try to find him, thats gonna be fun.

Full scale aircraft tend to change hands alot less often than drones do. Tracking a tail number is as easy as looking it up. But if any authority wants to find out who is flying a drone, they are gonna have to wait for DJI to tell them who owns it, and then hope that owner still has it.

The only real way that this is ever going to work is with compliant pilots, who want the ATC to know their aircraft is there. For the rogue pilots, midair interdiction is the only prayer for at least 3-5 years to come.

I think remote ID configuration will be easily done through something like Dji Assistant via USB to your AC (just like a update) you enter your FAA registration # and whatever information the FAA wants to see when ID'd and the ID system itself will add the speed, altitude, GPS coordinates. I think it will be just sUAS version like ADS-B out for piloted aircraft.

ADS-B Out is a surveillance technology for tracking aircraft–it’s what ATC needs to manage traffic. It reports your aircraft’s position, velocity and altitude once per second. This transmission is received by ATC and nearby aircraft and this data makes up the equivalent of a radar display. Most aircraft will be required to have ADS-B Out by 2020

Reactions: MAGA
I think remote ID configuration will be easily done through something like Dji Assistant via USB to your AC (just like a update) you enter your FAA registration # and whatever information the FAA wants to see when ID'd and the ID system itself will add the speed, altitude, GPS coordinates. I think it will be just sUAS version like ADS-B out for piloted aircraft.

ADS-B Out is a surveillance technology for tracking aircraft–it’s what ATC needs to manage traffic. It reports your aircraft’s position, velocity and altitude once per second. This transmission is received by ATC and nearby aircraft and this data makes up the equivalent of a radar display. Most aircraft will be required to have ADS-B Out by 2020

Yeah, I just think that DJI has their hands full as it is, and adding any FAA requirement or interface to the DJI Assistant is just asking for severe problems.

Integration would be nice, if DJI Assistant was stable, if DJI was more streamlined when it comes to registration, and if the FAA had less antiquated methods and equipment.

It sound good on paper, but its going to be a huge burden on DJI, and more, the owners who just want to enjoy their hobby.

Yeah, I just think that DJI has their hands full as it is, and adding any FAA requirement or interface to the DJI Assistant is just asking for severe problems.

Integration would be nice, if DJI Assistant was stable, if DJI was more streamlined when it comes to registration, and if the FAA had less antiquated methods and equipment.

It sound good on paper, but its going to be a huge burden on DJI, and more, the owners who just want to enjoy their hobby.

The first thing they would need to do is develop the hardware then work out the way it would be added to the air frame and by who , user or authorized facility. Plenty of headaches to go around not to mention the FAA implementation time frame.

On May 27, 2010, the FAA published its final rule mandating that by 2020 all aircraft owners will be required to have ADS-B Out capabilities (with some exceptions).

10 years to configure piloted aircraft, how long to implement a ID system for sUAS?

Reactions: Former Member
I've been wondering when our birds would be equipped with a "fixed ID transponder", looks like its here.

I've been wondering when our birds would be equipped with a "fixed ID transponder", looks like its here.

For piloted AC yes not sUAS yet (Drones under 55lbs).

Oh boy. That will be really fun. Get DJI in to the mix of storing more information, and then having to transfer it to different aircraft. Even now, when they issue a Refreshed aircraft, half the time they dont update the contract with current information. If the FAA has to inquire from DJI who owns an aircraft, and then try to find him, thats gonna be fun.

Full scale aircraft tend to change hands alot less often than drones do. Tracking a tail number is as easy as looking it up. But if any authority wants to find out who is flying a drone, they are gonna have to wait for DJI to tell them who owns it, and then hope that owner still has it.

The only real way that this is ever going to work is with compliant pilots, who want the ATC to know their aircraft is there. For the rogue pilots, midair interdiction is the only prayer for at least 3-5 years to come.
As far as I'm concerned it's nobody's business where or when I fly my drone I'm tired of big brother watching.....?

hmm - transponder = less flight time
will I have to take my drones in for the "upgrade" ... just sayin' ;)

I never said I didnt have a problem
It seems like, based on your prior posts, you have a problem with law enforcement, and anyone else telling you what to do, even when youre wrong.

Sorry, just remembered some of your prior "arguments."
with that.
You knew exactly what I was referring to. It had nothing to do with “being told what to do“. It’s called privacy end it is very important to some of us. I was just commenting that it doesn’t seem important to many here. I’m not trying to change anybody’s mind I’m just injecting some clarity into the discussion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje