DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big MM software issue. Drone crashed.

BigRic

Reactions
Just throwing this out there.

Updated to newest firmware (1.003 or something). Went to go fly with 60% battery.

IMMEDIATELY got the maximum load reached warning. Did a rocket quickshot and after the shot the drone descended to return, like normally, but it kept on going and crashed into the ground. Broke a prop.

Anyone wuth similar issue?

Think its this one. If someone can please double check, I'm not sure how?

Flew out 100m, came back, it just dropped altitude without input, then regained control, flew to myself, did rocket and it crashed into the ground on return without input.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-12-06_[15-44-12].txt
    300.1 KB · Views: 53
Not sure if you can see but decent speed just keeps on increasing and no stick input until it knocked the ground.

My main theory is a battery issue when it isn't charged say above 90%. Because afterwards I replaced the broken props, charged another battery up to 100% and it flew like a dream.

Any other ideas?

Not sure if you can see but decent speed just keeps on increasing and no stick input until it knocked the ground.
Your descent speed was relatively constant. The speed up occurred imediately after the auto land was cancelled and you issued full throttle and elevator. This was before it hit the ground.

1575662543550.png

I
I never initiated auto land?
At the end of a quick shot, it should return to its original starting point which in your case would be directly down. I don't know how that data shows up as an auto land or a return. Did you start the rocket shot from the ground? If you did, it would Autoland without you initiating it. I never tried rocket from the ground only from well above it.

At the end of a quick shot, it should return to its original starting point which in your case would be directly down. I don't know how that data shows up as an auto land or a return. Did you start the rocket shot from the ground? If you did, it would Autoland without you initiating it. I never tried rocket from the ground only from well above it.
I didn't. I started rocket about 2-3 meters off the ground.

Reactions: Capt KO
Just an update on this issue:

I fully charged all three my batteries and tested them thoroughly. No errors.

I'm now 99% certain it's an issue with the batteries when they don't have a high enough charge and you try to start a new flight. Remember my problem arose with a battery on 60% and started as soon as I took off.

My theory is that maybe the drone thinks its a full battery, but then the battery can't push out as much as a full one amd the drone then thinks its a high carry load.

So my recommendation: if you're going to fly with a battery thats say 50% charged and you get a load warning then land ASAP and go charge it to 100%. If you don't get a warning then great but just be on the lookout.

If someone has a better theory then let me know.

Reactions: Capt KO
Had a similar issue, was flying around job site and taking pictures, stopped and left it in one spot to see if it would rth when battery died, maybe 30% battery and had a warning about battery charge. It belly flopped about three times before it made it back to me, it would fall slow to the ground like there was not enough power to keep it in flight. After landing on the ground it would pop back up again and fly another 70 feet and do it again until I got it back to me. I will try to find a log if I can, have never done that before.

Had a similar issue, was flying around job site and taking pictures, stopped and left it in one spot to see if it would rth when battery died, maybe 30% battery and had a warning about battery charge. It belly flopped about three times before it made it back to me, it would fall slow to the ground like there was not enough power to keep it in flight. After landing on the ground it would pop back up again and fly another 70 feet and do it again until I got it back to me. I will try to find a log if I can, have never done that before.
On what percentage did you start the flight?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580