DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big Sky Montana Video 2019

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com

I am pleased to present my latest video, Big Sky Montana 2019. The film is 9:55 minutes. Please view when you have the time to sit back with your favorite drink, full screen, and sound.

This video is the result of 5 weeks of shooting, and uncounted hours of editing, probably over 7 full days in front of the Apple iMac.

Sources include the following;
Nikon D750 body with 28-300mm, f/3.5-5.6 lens
DJI Mavic Air UAV (drone)
Apple iPhone X xsMAX for both still(12MB) and 4Kvideo images
DJI Osmo Action Video camera

Timelapse sequences were shot with Nikon D750 either on a tripod or
with the aid of the Dynamic Precision slider and the Sapphire Pan-Tilt
Head. www.dynamicprecision.com

Timelapse sequences were processed with Gunther Wegner’s LR Timelapse 4 software.

Music source- www.musicbed.com

End titles- www.orange83.com

Thanks for watching!

Many thanks!
Dale,
Great job! Your still shots were very impressive. Overall good flow. Enjoyed every minute.
I cam not sure what the name of my channel is but the latest video is the one I just published for Montana is

from there you can see the other videos. for VIMEO. go to.
and then you can other videos.

I am pleased to present my latest video, Big Sky Montana 2019. The film is 9:55 minutes. Please view when you have the time to sit back with your favorite drink, full screen, and sound.

This video is the result of 5 weeks of shooting, and uncounted hours of editing, probably over 7 full days in front of the Apple iMac.

Timelapse sequences were processed with Gunther Wegner’s LR Timelapse 4 software.

Thanks for watching!

Very nice video. Did you end up hitting that pine tree toward the beginning

Reactions: Twocalf
Very nice video. Did you end up hitting that pine tree toward the beginning
Thank goodness, NO! But it really scared the s...out of me. If it weren't for the forward facing sensor I probably wouldn't have been able to complete the trip with the drone. I thought I was well clear of it until I Was't. You are the first notice it- good eye! My sphincter constricts every time I watched that sequence.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s good the front sensors really work well mine saw a powerline 5 feet in front of it and stopped just in time

Lots of work. Nice Vid.

Reactions: Dale D

Thanks for watching!
very nice

EXCELLENT !!
Not only your photography but your editing skills. Being a Montana resident I can say you did an excellent job of capturing the beauty and vastness of the Treasure State.

Thanks for watching!
Nicely done Dale!

Beautiful piece of work.
Now I’m all itchy to go visit my daughter in the aptly-named Paradise Valley (near Livingston.) Lordy, I do love Montana.

Beautiful piece of work.
Now I’m all itchy to go visit my daughter in the aptly-named Paradise Valley (near Livingston.) Lordy, I do love Montana.
Ah yes!!! Paradise Valley is indeed a most beautiful place. The Yellowstone River runs through it going north out of Yellowstone National Park, and the scenery is magnificent. There are a ton of wealthy people in homes in that valley too. She is lucky to live there0 e.g.: in the summer only. The winters are fierce.

Dale, excellent video. As were your Iceland videos. On a side note I finally made a Miami River visit today for some filming. It got weird when a homeless in his underwear came out of the river climbing the sea wall, sadly I didn’t catch that on video but I left very quickly.

Dale, excellent video. As were your Iceland videos. On a side note I finally made a Miami River visit today for some filming. It got weird when a homeless in his underwear came out of the river climbing the sea wall, sadly I didn’t catch that on video but I left very quickly.
Hi- I am actually writing to you from Zambia. We are on photographic safari here. NO DRONEs are permitted and if I use one I will be breaking the law big time so i dare not try it.

Glad you got down to the river. Yes, it is a seedy area but mostly they are harmless homeless. It's very scenic there for the drone.

[QUOTE="Dale D, post: 819225, ... She is lucky to live there0 e.g.: in the summer only. The winters are fierce.
[/QUOTE]

She’s there year ‘round (works at a major resort) but grew up in Minnesota so the winters are no big deal to her.

I’m dying to get my M2P in the air there.

Great place for some filming. Awesome scenes.

One recommendation is to avoid speeding up clips. Streams, animals, people, foliage look unnatural when sped up. It also makes drone/gimbal movements more pronounced (jerky). Instead, use speed ramping to cover distance between subjects/focal points. Soften your drone and gimbal settings very low for cinematic clips.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus