DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Biloxi Bay Sunset with Many Manmade Lines

MS Coast

That's MS as in Mississippi.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
In contrast to today's all-day rain, we had a wonderful sunset last evening. I'm still getting to know the 7X lens on the Mavic 3 and shot this after doing several 360 panos. The center span of the railroad swing bridge is 1.70 miles away.

I love the way zoom lenses compress distance and put things into such close visual proximity. They concentrates images. I was struck by the number of manmade lines in this view. Vertical lines: the stumps of pilings where piers once were, channel daymarks, bridge columns, utility poles, and the stacks of a power plant in the distance. Horizontal (or nearly so) lines: fishing piers, bridge roadways and a railway, and the elongated thin vee of a power boat wake.

Nature added some horizontal lines and a lot of color, but nothing vertical.

DJI_0465.JPG

Mavic 3. Auto exposure, 0 bias - 1/15, f4.4, ISO 110. ~220' MSL. No editing.

Very nice!

More rain and wind today, so I'm editing instead of flying. Here's a version of that photo with saturation, contrast, and vibrance each enhanced by 10% in Photoshop.

DJI_0464.s10.c10.v10.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields
Well done! Yes, zoom lenses or telephotos are often more flattering to a shot because they eliminate a lot of "stuff" on the edges you really don't need to see. In the Mirrorless camera world, a 50mm is the most natural looking for shooting people but the 85mm I find often makes my subjects look better.

Reactions: MS Coast
In contrast to today's all-day rain, we had a wonderful sunset last evening. I'm still getting to know the 7X lens on the Mavic 3 and shot this after doing several 360 panos. The center span of the railroad swing bridge is 1.70 miles away.

I love the way zoom lenses compress distance and put things into such close visual proximity. They concentrates images. I was struck by the number of manmade lines in this view. Vertical lines: the stumps of pilings where piers once were, channel daymarks, bridge columns, utility poles, and the stacks of a power plant in the distance. Horizontal (or nearly so) lines: fishing piers, bridge roadways and a railway, and the elongated thin vee of a power boat wake.

View attachment 152686

I love this shot. Very nice.

Dale

Reactions: MS Coast

View attachment 152686

Outstanding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS