DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Bird Island off the shore of Mazatlan Mexico

I don't think I am alone in wondering...how much battery did you have left?..How was the wind?...Going to be tough to come up with a flight more challenging than that!
I burned 7/8 of the battery on this flight. There wasn't much wind so I felt more confident. I used the Litchi App to fly to the island. When Litchi said it's time to come home, the app sent my drone home. I was just happy to do it.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Very nice!
Curious, though, any reason you flew from where you did vs going down the beach to launch? It seems like it would be closer from down the beach. I haven't been there so I'm just asking.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Very nice!
Curious, though, any reason you flew from where you did vs going down the beach to launch? It seems like it would be closer from down the beach. I haven't been there so I'm just asking.
I plotted the course using Litchi. Based on Litchi's flight time calculation, I had enough battery to fly safely around the island and back. I launched from the beach in front of the condo building. When I got to the back of the island, the Litchi app said to return to home. I just let Litchi send the drone back. I'm happy now that it did after seeing how the birds took interest in the drone. It was a fun yet scary flight.

Reactions: projectarjun
How did you manage to keep this within your visual line of sight? :)

Greetings! thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica