DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Birds being aggressive

Kjmcfly

Reactions
So i am new to droning, the last couple of times i have launched i have had some aggresive crows swarming my drone, they get pretty close. Is there anything i can do to reduce the risk of damage to my drone? Tia

• Wow
Reactions: Prismatic
All I know is I've had issues with all sorts of birds. My MP is carbon fiber black but I use Arc-II strobes and still have problems from time to time. Some depends on where you fly. For example around bridges that have swallows. I've had flights with Eagles & Osprey swooping on me but friggin seagulls are the worst when it comes to swarming around my MP. Both cool and scary. I've also had Vultures look me over but not aggressively. It's kind of funny but a buddy I fly with has an aggressive orange skin and we have similar problems with birds.

Birds being birds.... avoid them. Crows, geese, sea birds, birds of prey will take down your drown. Sport mode straight up and then get away as fast as possible.

Reactions: Gindra
I watched a video about anti-drone technologies, one of which they were using Eagles to catch drones in flight.

But eagles are huge. With a crow, which are more likely acting to drive you off, not capture you, they'd be attacking by beak, I would think. I wonder which would take more damage - the drone or the crow.

Short answer, though... Fly somewhere else.

Bird of prey – – We all know about them

Drunk birds – – they aren’t paying attention and just accidentally fly into your path

I thought those were the only two types and then I was introduced to the barn swallow this year. A little tiny annoying bird that when it is nesting will squawk and get about 20 to 30 of his friends swarming with a few making contact with the drone. Kept me grounded quite a few times cause of these crazy birds ?

Reactions: MAGA
All I know is I've had issues with all sorts of birds. My MP is carbon fiber black but I use Arc-II strobes and still have problems from time to time. Some depends on where you fly. For example around bridges that have swallows. I've had flights with Eagles & Osprey swooping on me but friggin seagulls are the worst when it comes to swarming around my MP. Both cool and scary. I've also had Vultures look me over but not aggressively. It's kind of funny but a buddy I fly with has an aggressive orange skin and we have similar problems with birds.
Weird stuff.I am new to this category of agressive birds. I actually am trying to study wildlife with the mp2 with mixed results. Eagle fly away no like Ospray aggressive 3 close flybys mavic air with ducks mixed results great blue herons not bad mp2

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242